Booster Shot Availability in Hua Hin?

NotReallyHere

Anyone in Hua Hin have any success getting a booster shot recently?  Or better yet, can anyone tell me how to get a booster shot now?  Things are changing so quickly, what worked two weeks ago might not work today.

A Thai person helped me register for the Moderna booster at Hua Hin Hospital webpage yesterday.  Yesterday, later in the day, she said I had to reregister today.  Attempted to reregister today and got a message from the webpage that the Moderna shots offered are only for those needing the first two doses.  Then she tells me they will call me when my booster is available.  How will they call me if my earlier registration was not valid?  She hasn't answered that question.

I went to the Bluport vaccination center yesterday.  They were not giving vaccinations, but the front desk was staffed.  They told me boosters will be offered on December 23rd.  I was told to register on a green app I was told to download (don't know the name of the app, it's in Thai. It's primarily dark green and has a yellow stethoscope in the logo, if they helps someone identify it).  To register on the app, you have to enter a 13 digit ID number.  I only have a 9 digit passport number to offer.  The ladies at the desk didn't know how to register with a passport or if it is even possible.  (In a Bangkok forum post I saw mention of a person who said they were given a 13 digit registration number based on a passport number at their Bangkok vaccination center).

Yesterday I also went to Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin for booster shot information.   I was told to register at the "expatvac" webpage.  I went to that webpage and registration is only for first doses and only to non-immigrant visa holders, diplomat staff, and Thai Elite visa holders.

Any current information on booster availability and the process to get one in Hua Hin would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

same here in Prachuap 

was injected here with sIn and AZ

boosters are supposed to  be happening but but even hospital and health services  staff do not know when available

I was given a thai only website to put my 13 digit ID number in to register

stepdaughter did that BUT

Answer was WAIT boosters coming soon  

• Thanks 1

The app is MorProm

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mor.promplus&hl=en&gl=US

Question where did you get your vaccination? If in Thailand then you would have gotten a certificate and that has a 13 digit id on it.

If you have a Yellow House book or a Pink id card you can use that to register MorProm! But I can't see anywhere in the APP where you can register for a Vaccine / Booster. It only shows which vaccines you got and if you are fully vaccinated.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MJCM said:

The app is MorProm

Question where did you get your vaccination? If in Thailand then you would have gotten a certificate and that has a 13 digit id on it.

If you have a Yellow House book or a Pink id card you can use that to register MorProm! But I can't see anywhere in the APP where you can register for a Vaccine / Booster. It only shows which vaccines you got and if you are fully vaccinated.

Thank you for the clarification of the app name and the nature of the 13 digit number.  Unfortunately, I do not have a house book or a pink ID card.  In the app version I have, the only option I see to "Create Account" is to enter a 13 digit number and a phone number.  No possibility of registering with a house book or pink ID (not relevant for me anyway, but interesting that you are seeing something different).  Maybe I'm overlooking something?  The app is primarily in Thai...

I was not vaccinated in Thailand.  I will take my vaccination documentation to Bluport today and try to find someone who knows how to get my documentation "translated" into a 13 digit Thai vaccination ID number.  Once I get the 13 digit number, I'll follow up with the staff on getting registered for the booster.  I'll report back on what degree of success I had, if any...

At the very least, I hope to get my first two doses "validated" and entered into the MorProm app so that I can prove to any interested authority figure that I at least have those...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJCM said:

The app is MorProm

The APP is NOT mor Phrom its a local health service app

20 minutes ago, poohy said:

The APP is NOT mor Phrom its a local health service app

Yeah but the MorProm has the same primarily dark green and has a yellow stethoscope in the logo as the OP said it looked like

Edit: can you post a link to the APP the OP means then??

Edited by MJCM

So I went to BluPort this afternoon with my vaccination documentation.  It was VERY busy with Thai patients getting one of their first two doses.

My first objective was to get a 13 digit code to create a MorProm account.  I questioned a nurse, who referred me to an older gentleman who was standing around surveying the whole operation.  He asked me what initial vaccinations I received. (He correctly assumed my ultimate goal was to get a booster shot)  I told him both Pfizer.  He said booster shots are not being provided to people who have two Pfizer vaccinations as their initial vaccination.  I then told him I wanted to at least get registered in the MorProm system so that I could prove my vaccination status with the app.  The English-only vaccination card, that was my only proof of vaccination, is not always accepted as proof of vaccination when trying to enter public events (like the recent Pattaya Music Festival, according to other threads at this site).  I also wanted to be prepared in case the booster requirements changed.  The gentleman referred me to the registration desk in the parking garage.  I asked around there and eventually was referred to a young woman who spoke English very well.  I'm confident she understood what I was asking for.  She took my passport and vaccination card and spoke to three other individuals at registration.  She came back and said the Thai government Ministry of Health has not coordinated vaccination validation with the US CDC.  Until it does so, they would not be able to issue a 13 digit vaccination ID for Thailand based on written documentation alone.  She also said Thailand is attempting to coordinate with the European Union.  Those with proof of vaccination in the EU might be able to get a 13 digit vaccination ID in the future.

So, I came away empty handed...  I will still keep surveying the local booster situation, hoping for a change or loophole to open up soon.  I hate Facebook, but guess I will join to get access to local "Vaccination Groups" and hospital pages.

If anyone has any other advice on how to proceed, I'm all ears...

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MJCM said:

Tricky this, and personally NO idea, but maybe open a new topic in the Covid Forum Section and ask if someone who was vaccinated abroad got the MorProm app to work or how to do that???

https://aseannow.com/forum/245-covid-19-coronavirus/

Good idea.  I will do that later tonight...

Thanks!

• Like 1

Follow up...

Once again, informal networks work best...  I received my booster shot today.  A friend of a friend of a friend knew someone who didn't need the Moderna shot they had purchased in advance back in July.  My friend showed up at my apartment with the completed hospital transfer form to sign and off I went to Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin.

All and all it took about 24 hours once I let my friend know what I wanted.  Sorry, this information doesn't really help anyone trying to duplicate what I did, other than to emphasize the importance of informal networks.

I was able to find a couple of sites on Facebook where Thais are selling their unneeded Moderna vaccine appointments.  Most of these are being sold in Bangkok, I believe.  Buying one of these is faster (appointments are sooner) and possibly cheaper (depending on your negotiation skills) than if you were to purchase it yourself on Shoppee for 1,650 Baht.  Unfortunately, I do not have any personal experience about using the Facebook group to share.

Copy and paste one of these two Thai texts into the search bar of Facebook to go to the Moderna reseller groups:

ซือ-ชายสิทธิ้จองวัคฑืน โคาิด-19 โมเดอร์นา

or 

กลุ่มผู้ซื้อวัคซีนโมเดอร์น่า

Good Luck

• Like 1

On 12/22/2021 at 5:53 PM, NotReallyHere said:

So I went to BluPort this afternoon with my vaccination documentation.  It was VERY busy with Thai patients getting one of their first two doses.

My first objective was to get a 13 digit code to create a MorProm account.  I questioned a nurse, who referred me to an older gentleman who was standing around surveying the whole operation.  He asked me what initial vaccinations I received. (He correctly assumed my ultimate goal was to get a booster shot)  I told him both Pfizer.  He said booster shots are not being provided to people who have two Pfizer vaccinations as their initial vaccination.  I then told him I wanted to at least get registered in the MorProm system so that I could prove my vaccination status with the app.  The English-only vaccination card, that was my only proof of vaccination, is not always accepted as proof of vaccination when trying to enter public events (like the recent Pattaya Music Festival, according to other threads at this site).  I also wanted to be prepared in case the booster requirements changed.  The gentleman referred me to the registration desk in the parking garage.  I asked around there and eventually was referred to a young woman who spoke English very well.  I'm confident she understood what I was asking for.  She took my passport and vaccination card and spoke to three other individuals at registration.  She came back and said the Thai government Ministry of Health has not coordinated vaccination validation with the US CDC.  Until it does so, they would not be able to issue a 13 digit vaccination ID for Thailand based on written documentation alone.  She also said Thailand is attempting to coordinate with the European Union.  Those with proof of vaccination in the EU might be able to get a 13 digit vaccination ID in the future.

So, I came away empty handed...  I will still keep surveying the local booster situation, hoping for a change or loophole to open up soon.  I hate Facebook, but guess I will join to get access to local "Vaccination Groups" and hospital pages.

If anyone has any other advice on how to proceed, I'm all ears...

Thank you.

My comment may not be very helpful, but here goes.

Your situation is clear from your 2 detailed posts - who knows how long it will take Thailand to reach an understanding with the US CDC or the EU, let alone any other countries.  You have put a lot of effort into trying to get a booster shot.  But this is Thailand, the "system" cannot deal with anomalies.

My suggestion is this - book a FIRST vaccine shot of Modern or Pfizer, after vaccination you will receive the 13 digiit number.  This will give you the third booster you need.  Then wait 6 months, to get your second shot in Thailand, which in reality will be your 4th.

Good luck.

• Like 2

If you were vaccinated in the USA and only got the paper card without a QR Code. you should register on "MY CHART" this is a free health app. 

After registering find the Covid page and there should be a tab that says search for my vaccine record? I was vaccinated by the county health department and the general search button turned up the record in seconds and issued me a QR code.

This was accepted by the airlines.

• Thanks 1