Stop feeding the virus addiction - go live your life

meechai

I wanted to disagree because Covid is real, could still drift into a far more serious variant especially with increasing infections & transmission….

However, I find myself agreeing with a lot of what was written in the linked article - Covid addiction & Covid taking over our lives in many circumstances it need not is definitely a thing… 

That said, there is an anti-vax facet of the article which I find wholly wrong with the discussion on terrain theory. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, meechai said:

She has a point & we have seen so many wound way too tight these days.

"Welcome to my musings!"

I think her business relies on direct-contact with people, so you can see how she might have revenue/income-based goals?

And what compels people to "tell" others how to live their lives?

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

Agree with OP.

I ignore it all unless I have to go to town and then I'm always surprised to see people wearing masks and having to sign in everywhere as I'd put it out of my mind.

I wear a mask in shops etc because it's easier to go with the flow, and I vaxxed because I want a life, and without the passport that's not possible any more- can't even go to the movies.

Given my druthers I'd do nothing I didn't before we ever heard of corona.

I don’t know anyone who is not ‘living their life’.

Most people are doing exactly as TBL says, following the health guidelines, getting their shots and otherwise living their normal life to the extent they can.

The author is of course not someone at higher risk from the disease or suffering any significant consequences of the public policy responses. She’s free to muse.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

I simply follow the guidelines as much as is reasonably possible.  I socially distance, but sometimes, people don't reciprocate and I find myself standing in line with someone who is a lot less cooperative.  I ignore it and move on.  

Early on, it wasn't as easy because the scientists weren't yet up to speed with what the virus was doing and how to best mitigate it.  Now, they seem to have a much better handle on it.  The messaging is clearer.  

I am vaxxed and boosted and I wear a mask (sometimes not the right one, but I try).  I am not going to go shopping because the mask I have isn't the recommended kind.  I just try to be a little quicker, a little more careful and leave it at that.

I pay attention to it similar to how I do with inclement weather reports.  If they advise taking a different route, not traveling right now, etc., I do so.  

I don't fret over people who are anti-vax or who don't wear masks (where I am, there is no mandate).  If they are friends, I just tease them a little and ask why kind of flowers to send to the funeral. 

Choose your friends and who you associate with carefully, be cautious and keep moving forward.  We will get through it or we will learn to live with it.  

• Like 2

On 12/23/2021 at 10:37 AM, Gsxrnz said:

Eventually the hysteric witch hunters of the middle-ages were convinced that even if witches existed, they were as effective at casting spells as pishing into a strong breeze.

One day the world might recover from the current state of hysteric nosophobia.

Superstition of the Middle Ages was banished with science, the linked article is written by an adherent of 21st Century ‘Wellness’ superstitions attempting to banish science.

It’s a stream of utter nonsense.

• Confused 1