Are there any issues with international transfers to SCB currently?

Was doing a couple of transfers.

97,000 THB from A - to - Bangkok Bank = No issues.

97,000 THB from A - to - SCB = asked for purpose of funds (has not been rejected yet).

Using a new (to me) transfer company.

Are there any issues with international transfers to SCB currently? (I do most of my banking with SCB and this is chump change for my annual turnover on the account).

I do wonder when anyone would use any transfer service other than Transfer(wise) for amounts below £10,000 (excluding opening account offers)

To my knowledge there is still no other remitter than gives full interbank

Always happy to be corrected. I run a check every 3 months normally just to see

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

SCB = asked for purpose of funds (has not been rejected yet).

"Purpose"

That supports my suspicion why misc posters reported problems (not over 50000).

Even with transfers from pension funds etc.

I only receive transfers done on my own via WISE to Bangkok Bank and specify reason for longterm stay. No such problem yet.

SCB is my main bank. - had a Bangkok Bank acct w/New York branch but probs caused me to canx it, they no longer accepted my monthly SSA deposit for some silly reason.........took months to sort that out.

I always report in Remarks: of the transfer bank "For living expenses" for large transfers (over 500,000 baht)  put it in an "For Condo Purchase" so there are no questions when you actually want to use it to purchase a condo.   With SCB $$ is typically available in a day or so...........haven't tried a Wise account yet, jury is still out on that - when I tried to create an account a year ago, an error popped up. "Not available in your location yet".  I am in USA at the moment.

23 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

haven't tried a Wise account yet, jury is still out on that - when I tried to create an account half a year ago, an error popped up. "Not available in your location yet".  I am in USA at the moment.

Update, Wise now accepts applications from USA, I was able to create one...........with PayPal being shut down in Thailand, Wise appears the way to go - I won't abandon my 'tried n true' bank Xfer via SWIFT - but this looks like a quick way to get money transferred in. -  Jury is still out.    ????

On 12/23/2021 at 2:39 PM, Jenkins9039 said:

Using a new (to me) transfer company.

If your purpose is to satisfy an Immigration requirement for monthly income then I'd give that as a purpose. If it's living expenses I'd give that as a purpose.

This may be a feature for ADVCASH in that they want to associate a purpose to prompt users to choose the right one. BBL may be a direct partner, so this is not required to be tagged as international/FTT etc., but for SCB it may clear at a partner bank then get transfered domestically to SCB?