WHATEVER HAPPENED TO…ASTRAZENECA?

unblocktheplanet

AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine (AZD1222) is manufactured under licence in Thailand by Siam Bioscience

However, it seems not to be offered for primary vax series or for third-dose boosters.

Both AstraZeneca and Simovac, among others, say that immunity is boosted to protect against all variants including Omicron via a third booster dose.

We used Pfizer for boosters for awhile. I have been told supply has now run out in Thailand. So they’ve swtiched to using Moderna. Where is that Modern supply coming from?

Third dose boosters are now widely available three months after a second primary dose.

But what happened to AZ? Why aren’t we using AZ???

The strategy du jour, as pushed by the authorities over the past ~ 10 days, is AZ 2X for all those unvaccinated, with an mRNA (Pfizer mostly, some Moderna) booster.

More Pfizer is on order (20 mm) and due throughout Q1.

I think the regime ordered 8.6 mm doses of Moderna with ~2 mm in hand or due before the end of the year, and the remainder due in Q1 and Q2.

For those previously vaccinated with the hodge-podge of AZ, and sinostuff, I think an mRNA booster is still recommended.

The omicron variant has, probably rightly so, caused the authorities to accelerate booster programs, which has put a strain on supplies.