Where to find list of government approved hospitals for covid pcr test day 5-7 ?

21 minutes ago, donx said:

My wife just called. She confirmed that they received the pink Test & Go receipt but either weren’t told or she ignored about scanning the QR code for a list of locations for the second PCR test. When I tried to explain all this to her and that Trang is now added at the end of the list she said she isn’t worried about the second test and that she’ll contact someone or someplace in Phatthalung. She’s got that Thai attitude that rules are meant to be broken. I’ll discuss all this with our son as he always tries to follow the rules.

Yes, do. Going to other than an approved location could cause problems as the test might then not get entered into the required database.

Good news!

My wife called the government hospital in Chiang Rai and even though they're not on the QR code list, they have a special clinic near the downtown (old) bus station to take the test. 

She made an appointment for me on day 5, 9am (but was told not need appointment).

Your mileage might vary, but it's GTK that the original list isn't the only places to test.

Hopefully, every COVID testing site in Thailand reports data to the government, no difference for Thai or Farang.

We all have tears of joy when they stick that swab up our noses a little too far. ????

Good, good Thailand. ????????????????????????

Well done.  Yim, yim. ????

Edited by SiSePuede419

That is great news !  I'll be phoning the numbers given tomorrow to try and book a test for Thursday which is Day 6 for me, counting the day of arrival as Day 0. Hopefully they will confirm that the local hospital does it rather than having to go into Chiang Rai city, but happy to do that if neeed.

Edited by Tuvoc

9 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Good news!

My wife called the government hospital in Chiang Rai and even though they're not on the QR code list, they have a special clinic near the downtown (old) bus station to take the test. 

She made an appointment for me on day 5, 9am (but was told not need appointment).

Your mileage might vary, but it's GTK that the original list isn't the only places to test.

Hopefully, every COVID testing site in Thailand reports data to the government, no difference for Thai or Farang.

We all have tears of joy when they stick that swab up our noses a little too far. ????

Thank you so much for this news. I'll tell my son to have his mom call the government hospital in Phatthalung to see if the same can be done there.

18 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Good news!

I would not be certain that the information will get in to the specific database that is tracking T&G people.

All COVID test sites report total tests done & numbers positive but that is not necessarily the same thing.

Up to you but I personally would not risk it.  When I return in a few days I plan to drive some distance to use a place specifically on the T&G list even though test can be done right in my ampur.

Yes I just saw ! Google Translation:

Hospitals participating in the 2nd RT-PCR testing project

1. All Public Hospitals under Ministry of Public Health

2. Hospitals under the Ministry of Higher Education (All University Hospital)

3. Private hospitals wishing to participate in the 2nd COVID-19 Screening Program (RT-PCR) in Test&Go (Only) participants Designated Private Hospital)

Edited by Tuvoc
  • Thanks 1

There is a new document now under the google drive folder listing all the public hospitals. The original document is now dated 29th as well so must have had further updates.

Kasemrad Sriburin Chiang Rai is there.

Edited by Tuvoc

3 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

There is a new document now under the google drive folder listing all the public hospitals. The original document is now dated 29th as well so must have had further updates.

Kasemrad Sriburin Chiang Rai is there.

Fantastic! There are 2 hospitals listed for Phatthalung in that new document. My family arrives in Phatthalung on December 31. Their 5th day is January 1st, so I assume they will get tested either January 2nd or 3rd in Phatthalung.

Update: Left Thailand @ BKK on January 1.  Thai Passport control did not check for COVID test.  Breezed right through, maybe 10 minutes wait.

Turkish airlines seemed more interested in seeing Vaccination cards, which they took pictures with their phone.

American passport control didn't ask for COVID test, either.  Can't remember if Turkish airlines @BKK asked for it, but I think I showed them, along with the Vaccination cards.

4 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Update: Left Thailand @ BKK on January 1.  Thai Passport control did not check for COVID test.  Breezed right through, maybe 10 minutes wait.

Turkish airlines seemed more interested in seeing Vaccination cards, which they took pictures with their phone.

American passport control didn't ask for COVID test, either.  Can't remember if Turkish airlines @BKK asked for it, but I think I showed them, along with the Vaccination cards.

Are you in the United States? If so, are you saying US Immigration didn’t even check that you had a COVID test one day before departing from Thailand? And where did you go to get the COVID test a day (or less) before your departure? I understand there is a list of approved testing sites for entry into the US.

8 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Thread is about entering Thailand, not leaving it.

Leaving Thailand it is the airline check in that would ask to see the COVID test in order to be sure you meet the entry requirement of the country you are going to (if as an airline they have additional requirements they would check this too). Nothing to do with Thai immigration.

3 minutes ago, donx said:

Are you in the United States? If so, are you saying US Immigration didn’t even check that you had a COVID test one day before departing from Thailand? And where did you go to get the COVID test a day (or less) before your departure? I understand there is a list of approved testing sites for entry into the US.

No such list that I know of and nothing to that effect listed in the relevant government order.  I  Bangkok the best place to go is medconsultasia.

Note that rapid antigen test is still acceptable.  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

28 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

No such list that I know of and nothing to that effect listed in the relevant government order.  I  Bangkok the best place to go is medconsultasia.

Note that rapid antigen test is still acceptable.  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

Someone previously posted a link from the US embassy in Bangkok with a list of approved testing locations. I think the thread was moved from this forum since it didn’t apply to entering Thailand.

2 hours ago, donx said:

Someone previously posted a link from the US embassy in Bangkok with a list of approved testing locations. I think the thread was moved from this forum since it didn’t apply to entering Thailand.

There is nothing in US entry regulations that limits which lab or ohospital can do the test.

Lijkey it was just an Embassy list of some of the places able to do testing, as a service to those asking. Embassy has many such lists.  Not a list of special approval and not a complete list.