Covid extension under consideration

I have just applied for my first covid extension and I have been told to return after fifteen days while it is considered. There is a stamp in my passport to that effect. This is mae hong son immigration at pai. Is this the normal procedure?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Zyte said:

. This is mae hong son immigration at pai. Is this the normal procedure?

Yes normal procedure.

Good that all went well.

Can you outline exactly what you provided.

Did immigration have you sign the 'affidavit'.

Did the io ask about outbound flight in future?

Reason for asking is that recently few folks had unpleasant time at CW immigration and were asked to show outbound flight. When not provided the covid extension was rejected. 

Edited by DrJack54

They have not asked me for evidence of an outbound flight yet. There were several pages of forms that I filled in and signed , and an additional one in Thai that the io offered me , so I am not sure if I signed an affidavit amongst them. One of the forms asked about outbound flights and I wrote down that I had an open ticket for my return and plans for onward travel to Malaysia and Bali. All of which is true but a little vague and subject to change and dependant on borders being open.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is normal procedure due to the covid 19 extensions have to be approved at a higher level of immigration. 

I just tried to get a COVID extension in Chiang Mai but I wasn't asked any questions that would attempt to screen me out. If they need to get these approved at a higher level then I have no idea what criteria I needed to meet since my only reason for wanting one was because they offered it.

36 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I just tried to get a COVID extension in Chiang Mai but I wasn't asked any questions that would attempt to screen me out. If they need to get these approved at a higher level then I have no idea what criteria I needed to meet since my only reason for wanting one was because they offered it.

If you received an under consideration date to return then your extension will be approved.

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2021 at 9:31 AM, DrJack54 said:

Yes normal procedure.

Good that all went well.

Can you outline exactly what you provided.

Did immigration have you sign the 'affidavit'.

Did the io ask about outbound flight in future?

Reason for asking is that recently few folks had unpleasant time at CW immigration and were asked to show outbound flight. When not provided the covid extension was rejected. 

Up until now the only documents that been requested from me when applying/extending the "Covid visa" has been the application,affidavit,and 1900 thb.

This time however they said that you need to show a outbound flight to get another extension. And they also claimed this was the final Covid-extension they would grant.

Two people in front of me in line got the same message. Book a flight there and then or come back when you have booked the flight.

I decided to leave and come back a couple of days later to see if the IO officer was in a better mood, but No, same requirement.

Had to book a ticket to Cambodia (1700 thb) to get my application "approved" (under consideration stamp)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MrMilk said:

Up until now the only documents that been requested from me when applying/extending the "Covid visa" has been the application,affidavit,and 1900 thb.

This time however they said that you need to show a outbound flight to get another extension. And they also claimed this was the final Covid-extension they would grant.

Two people in front of me in line got the same message. Book a flight there and then or come back when you have booked the flight.

I decided to leave and come back a couple of days later to see if the IO officer was in a better mood, but No, same requirement.

Had to book a ticket to Cambodia (1700 thb) to get my application "approved" (under consideration stamp)

What immigration office?