Covid infection registration`

AMFWolfie

I'm curious as to where the figures for Covid infections in Pattaya come from? My step son has been coughing and sneezing for a few days now and despite testing negative on lateral flow test we bought back from the UK, yesterday he has tested positive for Covid although no idea which strain and currently isolating in his room. Tried to contact several hospitals and apart from no one answering, there seems very little information as to what to do, where to go etc to get an RT-PCR test. I would have thought centers or testing clinics would be advertised everywhere but apparently not. Can find nothing on line in Thai or English which is concerning to put it mildly and begs the question how these figures of mass infections are calculated. Perhaps just not looked hard enough but interesting not easy to find apart from racking up at a hospital and see what happens which I'm loath to do because hes had two vaccines and is not seriously ill.... yet!!

Anyone else with similar experiences??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

What is your question?

You need a location to get a RT-PCR test for yourself? In Pattaya.

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/packages-and-promotions/consultation-packages-en/item/2968-screening-test-covid-19-rt-pcr-en.html

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

What is your question?

You need a location to get a RT-PCR test for yourself? In Pattaya.

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/packages-and-promotions/consultation-packages-en/item/2968-screening-test-covid-19-rt-pcr-en.html

The question I thought was simple, where does a Thai National go to get an RT-PCR test in Pattaya if they suspect they have covid and if positive does that go towards registrering the number of infections recorded in the area? This should be government run facilities to help curb the spread not a private hospital jumping on the band waggon charging 3800 baht to test the locals which most don't even have that kind of money so will continue their daily lives spreading it around..