British TV (IPTV)

Dellboy218

Does anyone else on here use British TV as an IPTV supplier?

It used to be very good but over the past couple of months there has been significant buffering on the live TV whilst their VOD movies and series have been perfect.

The buffering tends to be US channels during our morning in Thailand and UK channels during our evening.  Outside of that playback is very good.  These periods of buffering may coincide with peak time in other parts of the world.  That might signify that the supply chain might be oversubscribed at some point.  British TV insist speed tests are to Dallas.  I have provided proof to them that is between 200 and 500+mb/s.  They cannot answer why live tv should be so bad at times whilst movies and series are perfect and another system I have is playing the same channel perfectly whilst there's has stalled.  They insist they are not over subscribed and that it is my equipment and or app and or provider. I check with three devices with three apps on each before I complain,  Again no answer for perfect playing movies and series.

There are three of us in Chiang Mai that I know of with the same problem.  They tell me that they have other customers in Thailand who have no problem.  Are there really?  Is there any one out there?  British TV. customers that is?

And seasons greetings to all.

44 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

BBC iplayer works perfectly using free VeePN as a chrome browser addon.

No need to pay extra for that.

Does ITV player play out of interest ??  If it does will install it

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

BBC iplayer works perfectly using free VeePN as a chrome browser addon.

No need to pay extra for that.

The question was about the company  British TV not about the BBC.  Do you have anything pertinent to add?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Get a free trial with a VPN and see if it helps, also try with your 4g connection (set up a hotspot from your mobile), that way you can rule out the connection excuse

From what you describe though it's probably your supplier's server that's too busy ie too many users..

On 12/29/2021 at 12:14 PM, tezzaaa said:

Get a free trial with a VPN and see if it helps, also try with your 4g connection (set up a hotspot from your mobile), that way you can rule out the connection excuse

From what you describe though it's probably your supplier's server that's too busy ie too many users..

There is no need for a VPN.  There is no problem with internet speeds jitter and losses as described in the original post.  The suppliers have finally provided a believable reason which does not include my equipment or my neighbour's equipment.