Fence or wall height limitations

Assuming you were building a house in the countryside, are there any limitations on how high you can build the wall around your property? 

I've seen some really nice metal sheet fencing around a bit of land near Ekkamai BTS that is probably 9 m high (maybe a bit more). 

If I was going to build a house out the provinces I'd want to put up a similar fence to ensure that no-one can see the house or garden (unless they have a drone). 

If no neighbors, then first build, height shouldn't be a problem.  Check with puyban to make sure.

My first house was 3 meters in front, affording much wanted privacy, and many, most times, I prefer not to wear clothes when outside.  Along with house have quite a bit of windows.

front.jpg

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

On 12/28/2021 at 5:10 PM, Crossy said:

Most of us are more than happy with a wall 2-2.5m high although I'm not sure there's actually a limit. You would have to check with your local planning authority (or the village puyai baan).

But a fence of the magnitude you are talking would present a massive wind load and we do get some pretty strong winds during the monsoon storms. Your limits are more likely to be structural rather than legal.

Our main wall is 2.1m. I can't see the neighbours and they can't see us, not that I'm particularly worried if they can, it's their problem if they see me running around in the buff :whistling:

Yes, wind load would be an issue.  I hadn't considered that when I saw the fencing here in Bangkok, where the buildings are already minimising the wind.  

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...