Stalling For a long long Time.

NoshowJones

When downloading a TV show on Pirate Bay using a client, qbtorrent, it has went up to 67% and stalled, it has stayed there for at least the last 5 days, this happens regularly and I treat it as normal, but 5 days?

All the boxes for the show are there and only the first one is complete. Should I just accept that it is not going to finish and delete it, or is there anything I can do to get it started again? Thanks.

5 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

How many seeders are listed on the torrent? If it's now zero, just go and find a torrent on another site with seeders listed for a torrent.

I have just found out that the download has given me series 2 instead of series 3 so I deleted it. I have now changed to another site, I will wait and see, then report back what has happened.

Torrents are dependent on who is online and how much of the series they have. So like MRTto MRT said it depends on the number of seeders. 

So its not your computer its just that its not always fully available even if a seeder has it all you might not get it all. So in general only really popular and new stuff downloads fast.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Torrents are dependent on who is online and how much of the series they have. So like MRTto MRT said it depends on the number of seeders. 

So its not your computer its just that its not always fully available even if a seeder has it all you might not get it all. So in general only really popular and new stuff downloads fast.

I have downloaded lots of movies and TV series online, mostly Pirate Bay, over the past two or so years, all old ones, and though not always successful, have been very satisfied with it, yes these old shows do not download fast as you say.

5 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

How many seeders are listed on the torrent? If it's now zero, just go and find a torrent on another site with seeders listed for a torrent.

I tried it again with another site and it done the same thing. Stopped at 67%. Don't understand about seeders, that's where it gets complicated for me.

50 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I tried it again with another site and it done the same thing. Stopped at 67%. Don't understand about seeders, that's where it gets complicated for me.

You could have named the series in your very first post and likely saved yourself and everyone else visiting your thread unnecessary pain.

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

You could have named the series in your very first post and likely saved yourself and everyone else visiting your thread unnecessary pain.

It was Blue Heelers series 3. Did it really matter what the series was? They all work the same.

When you look at a torrent on pirate bay  (or any other torrent site) you will see to the right of the torrent two columns 1) LE = leechers and 2) SE = seeders. Leechers are people who have part of the whole file and are still trying to download the whole. Seeders are people with the whole file and are currently allowing people to download.

Theoretically a lot of leechers may have different parts of the file they can give you BUT a seeder is the only one who has the whole file available to you. Ergo if not a seeder (SE should equal 1 or or more) its questionable if the whole torrent (movie or whatever) is available (but not impossible).

To be a happy torrenter always look for at least one seeder.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

When you look at a torrent on pirate bay  (or any other torrent site) you will see to the right of the torrent two columns 1) LE = leechers and 2) SE = seeders. Leechers are people who have part of the whole file and are still trying to download the whole. Seeders are people with the whole file and are currently allowing people to download.

Theoretically a lot of leechers may have different parts of the file they can give you BUT a seeder is the only one who has the whole file available to you. Ergo if not a seeder (SE should equal 1 or or more) its questionable if the whole torrent (movie or whatever) is available (but not impossible).

To be a happy torrenter always look for at least one seeder.

Great advice, I will see if I can work it out. Thanks.