Who processes online 90 day reports?

I submitted a 90 day report from the immigration smartphone app (which seems much more professional than the shoddy website).

The status of the application was still "Pending" after 5 days, so I contacted my local immigration officer to check on it (fortunately he's a friendly guy who gave me his Line account). But he knew nothing about the application and suggested I come in to the office and he would do the 90 day for me.

I always had the impression that these 90 day online reports were forwarded to local offices and processed there. But that seems not to be the case. It looks like there is some centralized function (The 90 Day Report Hub) that processes these applications. Anyone have any information about it?

The end of the story is that shortly after I contacted my local officer, an email came through from The Bureau approving my 90 day report. But the email didn't include any document with the next appointment date. I had to go back to the smartphone app and check the status, where there is a button to download the next appointment date.

Apologies if this topic has been covered already, I'm still classified as a newbie here.

Paul Laew

Edited by Paulaew
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Paulaew said:

I submitted a 90 day report from the immigration smartphone app (which seems much more professional than the shoddy website).

Did you use the Imm Eservices app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.immeService

It's as shoddy as the old website.

The new website is, well, new. https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

Still not sure who reviews the applications as some report instantaneous approval. For CW, I think someone did review reports from the old web and app. For the new website, some are getting quick response overnight, while others wait days.

Probably depends on the office and your friendly neighborhood IO should be able to give you a more informed answer than any of us?

<removed>

Edited by ubonjoe
A off topic comment and image has been removed.
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 90 day report application is sent to your local office for approval.

The receipt for the report has the name of the office that approved it on it and it will be your local office.

Thanks for the information. The Receipt of Notification (Mobile Application) that I received is signed in Thai by an Immigration Officer (unknown to me), but there is no indication of a local office.

[Correction: there is an immigration office noted on the receipt (per Ubonjoe), but it is was in Thai and I missed it. In Ubon Ratchaithani they are kind enough to use English.]

I mentioned that the local immigration officer I contacted (a fairly senior guy) knew nothing about my application. On the other hand, my approval came through shortly after I talked to him, so possibly the responsible person in the office received a little kick. So I probably did the right thing to contact the local office when the application was Pending for many days. Something to keep in mind.

Paul Laew

Edited by Paulaew
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Did mine through the new website last week. First was an immediate reject. Changed the address format and resubmitted. Immediate accept.

Certainly seemed the process was automated with no human involved.

I didn't know the name of my street in my moo baan. It's the main drag in the village and I've never seen a street sign for it (all the side sois have street signs). So I just put "Main St." in my application. Approved anyway.

Paul Laew

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, this is the app I used. It seemed pretty straightforward and the registration and application worked the first time.

My local immigration office asked me to test the new website when it first came out and I couldn't even register because the country menu didn't work on my computer (Chrome on Linux).

Paul Laew

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Paulaew said:

My local immigration office asked me to test the new website when it first came out and I couldn't even register because the country menu didn't work on my computer (Chrome on Linux).

Did you try typing in the first letter of you country. That is the easy way to get it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you try typing in the first letter of you country. That is the easy way to get it.

I just successfully registered on the new website (https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login).

It was a different (and simpler) interface than the one I had tested earlier.

But it was interesting that the account I had created on the smartphone app did not work on the website, they don't seem to be using the same database. So now I have two immigration accounts.

Paul Laew

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Did mine through the new website last week. First was an immediate reject. Changed the address format and resubmitted. Immediate accept.

I'm not yet in window to try and submit report, but have checked out what form looks like..

What did you change in what you typed for address. Looks pretty clear..

Screenshot_20211229-163017.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

If the Immigration Dept is in fact using software to automatically process many of these reports, it shows what a ridiculous formality 90 day reporting has become. It is probably as much of a pain in the ass for the Immigration Dept as it is for us.

Paul Laew

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm not yet in window to try and submit report, but have checked out what form looks like..

What did you change in what you typed for address. Looks pretty clear..

Screenshot_20211229-163017.jpg

I have a copy of what worked but I'll try to remember what didn't the first time.

Fail (from memory)

Building Name / Owner Name: XYZ Tower

Address No: 12/34 Soi Mysoi

Soi/Road: Soi Mysoi, Myroad Road

Success

Building Name / Owner Name: Apt. 1234, XYZ Tower

Address No: 12/34

Soi/Road: Soi Mysoi

Address seems to be key. My guess the program checks (very simplistically) with the applicant's address on record. Suggestions:

1. Try to keep the formatting as close as possible to what worked before (online old system, mail-in).

2. If rejected keep trying with different address formats. I reapplied immediately after the reject so clearly a rejected app just resets the system to zero. So I am sure you can try repeatedly  without penalty.

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Paulaew said:

If the Immigration Dept is in fact using software to automatically process many of these reports, it shows what a ridiculous formality 90 day reporting has become. It is probably as much of a pain in the ass for the Immigration Dept as it is for us.

Your quote was wrong. You should of went back to  Why Me's original post to the quote it.

The system does have a auto approval function that some offices can select. I have gotten auto approval of my reports since I was able to do my first online report ever in October of last year due to an old entry and a new passport.

I used the online site for 2 of them and the the app for 3 of them.

As soon as I submit the report I get a pop message that it was approved. I then go  to the check status function open my new report and print out the receipt.

Some people that were getting auto approval did not get it when they used the new site. It took a day or 2 for the approval email.

When my report is due in February I will decide whether to use the new site or the app if it is still working.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Why Me said:

. I reapplied immediately after the reject so clearly a rejected app just resets the system to zero. So I am sure you can try repeatedly  without penalty.

Thanks for the tips..

I'm certainly going to give it a crack, however unless I have some success and confirmed on first day then I will stick with mail option.

I prefer to mail to CW 14+ days prior to due date. I read few reports of success quickly and others taking few days and rejected. 

Seems it's an improvement as some folk with no success with old system now receiving approval.

37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your quote was wrong. You should of went back to  Why Me's original post to the quote it.

Ubonjoe, I know you are the expert on immigration matters, so I defer to you.

But you have suggested that some immigration offices sometimes turn on an auto-approval function, meaning that some 90 day reports get approved without any examination.

But Why Me's case of an (apparent) auto-rejection, followed by an (apparent) auto-approval after a correction, suggests that there is some software that immigration is using to scan reports.

Paul Laew

12 hours ago, Paulaew said:

But you have suggested that some immigration offices sometimes turn on an auto-approval function, meaning that some 90 day reports get approved without any examination.

They do allow a auto approval but I think it is still reviewed by an officer. I assume the review was not good they would send email to tell you it was not approved and they might give you a chance to try again.

12 hours ago, Paulaew said:

But Why Me's case of an (apparent) auto-rejection, followed by an (apparent) auto-approval after a correction, suggests that there is some software that immigration is using to scan reports.

Not sure what he meant by immediate accept. I assume he got a email approving it with the receipt and approved report.

He also wrote immediate rejection of the first one.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure what he meant by immediate accept. I assume he got a email approving it with the receipt and approved report.

Ok, "immediate" was a few minutes for both the reject and accept emails from Imm. And it was after 4pm I am fairly certain so seemed no way is an IO looking at my application.

I guess the software has 3 responses to a submission.

1. If the address is a match, accept.

2. Not even close to a match, reject.

3. Close but not exact, keep pending, refer human.

Edited by Why Me

The Building name/owner field is not required.

I've used the exact same address for eons (old systems) with success ~ 11 times, and with countless forms TM6, TM7, TM8, TM30. Not sure if any of the extra forms ask for an address too? Then circa 2019 I could not use the old systems, instantaneous (page 1 to page 2) failure, instantaneous meaning the "see immigration" message popped before the return key bounced back. Less than one second.

Who knows with the "new" system? I haven't used it yet. But some report overnight approval, weekend approval and holiday approval, in as few as ~ 7 hours.

If a human is reviewing it then provide some feedback on why it was rejected. I mean is that just too obvious a solution? Obviously someone had a thought when they reviewed it. Harumph, "this alien left off a comma in the building name, REJECTED".

The new system looks spiffy. A thousand baht paint job but the vehicle is still up on blocks. And yes, Hoorah, most seem able to REGISTER for it. But like the old system it still seems flawed. Is it worse? Not sure, Maybe.

13 hours ago, Why Me said:

If rejected keep trying with different address formats.

At some point isn't this just a form of insanity? "Keep trying"? Good advice for Immigration's software developers maybe.

14 hours ago, Paulaew said:

it shows what a ridiculous formality 90 day reporting has become

Hence the monkey with the dart. 

The TM30 reporting was eventually rolled back to a simpler format: no need to report if you return to your address of record.

One hopes they relax the TM47, but there's no real pressure to do so. There was on the TM30 issue.

At this point I'd almost prefer to have the chip implanted, or wear an ankle bracelet. Hmm, I wonder if they could make a working tracking app? Probably not.

31 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Ok, "immediate" was a few minutes for both the reject and accept emails from Imm. And it was after 4pm I am fairly certain so seemed no way is an IO looking at my application.

It may be that some offices are doing a auto acceptance of the report. Or approval.

Other people have waited days for a rejection of it or approval.

I have not tried it since my report is not due until February and don't want to take the chance it cause the online reporting not to work for me.

I checked that the app was still working since it still gives a rejection if not within the reporting window.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Who knows with the "new" system? I haven't used it yet. But some report overnight approval, weekend approval and holiday approval, in as few as ~ 7 hours.

There is no reason to try the new site unless you are within the reporting window.

Try as soon as you are and see what it does. If no approval then send your report by EMS so it arrives before the 7 days allowed. CW has approved them that were not mailed 14 day before. Lost of reports about that.

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for the tips..

I'm certainly going to give it a crack, however unless I have some success and confirmed on first day then I will stick with mail option.

I prefer to mail to CW 14+ days prior to due date. I read few reports of success quickly and others taking few days and rejected. 

Seems it's an improvement as some folk with no success with old system now receiving approval.

Hope it works for you. I do mine by mail to CW. I was denied 5 times on the phone app. So I mailed it in yesterday to CW. Gave no reason why I was denied.  Not a big deal going to the post office but I hope the app works for me in the future. ????

Edited by Wake Up
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Paulaew said:

Paul Laew

Beg to differ, 90 days report is you confirming your current address. Checking wether the address you confirm matches the one on your file [TM30?] can easily be automated.

I did try the first OLD methode: was not working at all: REJECT without any reason why.

Two weeks ago I did it again with the new method: I registered for login and password: two minutes later I got it. Made the 90d report, very easy to use and three days later I had the approval with slip and next date.... was really PIECE of CAKE.

Note: I did it on a laptop and don't use Windows but Linux. I know people, using Windows, and it also works. The old version was only with Win working not with Linux ....Why ??? 

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is not required on the old site or the app. I just put home in the space.

Neither is first or middle name. On the old web system I had a report rejected, ADMIN remarks said "middle name missing". I added it, resubmitted approved in an hour or so. I had filed without either successfully ~ 9-ish times prior to this.

No asterisk on "Stay Visa Expire" (new web).

Edited by mtls2005

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They do allow a auto approval but I think it is still reviewed by an officer. I assume the review was not good they would send email to tell you it was not approved and they might give you a chance to try again.

Joe, Interesting information about auto approval your information gives rise to mine and others personal experience.

I took the advise of others and submitted the application with the identical information three times.

First two submissions were rejected, the third one was approved.

The form field information I inserted was exactly as it was for my last 5 annual Non-O Imm visa renewals and every electronic and manual 90 day report for 5 years.

So in summary IMHO keep submitting it until your application is approved or hopefully you get a personal email from Imm with a rejection reason you can address.

As Imm now have your contact email address, no reason why they can't communicate with you.