Thailand Confidential By Jerry Hopkins

boxingbeauty

Just wanted to let you all know about a book I've just finished: Thailand Confidential by Jerry Hopkins. It's a great read, and very funny. The author has been living in Thailand for over 10 years, and has noted all his findings over this time. It's an easy read, and most of you will probably associate with it very closely.

Topics such as minor wives, sex change operations, up-country, elephants, food that makes you 'strong', politics, the King, farangs, tourism, healthcare, condoms, etc.

I'd definitely recommend it. :o

Yeah, the Doors.

I think he is a sad little man living in his past, judging by his Bangkok Babilon, and he wants to sell his version of Thailand to like minded souls.

I recall he also wrote a book on Asian aphrodisiacs. I bet it suits his target audience well.

Minor wives, sex change - must be fascinating...

The author also wrote the best biography of Jim Morrison of the Doors called "No one Gets out Alive", so he is a REAL writer. :o

He co-wrote it with Danny Sugarman, who also wrote the excellent autobiography "Wonderland Avenue: Tales of Glamour and Excess"

Both books are highly recommended.

Yeah, the Doors.

I think he is a sad little man living in his past, judging by his Bangkok Babilon, and he wants to sell his version of Thailand to like minded souls.

I recall he also wrote a book on Asian aphrodisiacs. I bet it suits his target audience well.

Such vile comments might speak of a person who would love to "sell" his version of Bangkok, but can't for lack of audience.

Yeah, the Doors.

Such vile comments might speak of a person who would love to "sell" his version of Bangkok, but can't for lack of audience.

It is a shame that Plus needs to post as such..maybee it resembles his own life..sad