Current requirements for a 30day visit to Thailand

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If fully vaccinated you will need to do a 7 day quarantine at a AQ hotel. If not the it will be a 10 day quarantine if from a low risk country.

He can also do a 7 day Sandbox in Phuket if fully vaccinated. At least then he can go out and about in Phuket after a negative PCR test rather than be locked in a room for 7 days

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, geisha said:

A Phuket  Sandbox area using a good agency would be the best for him. Flying direct to Phuket of  course, and all docs managed by Agency ,making it a little more expensive, but easier, believe me. 

Did you read this bit from the OP...

"I will visit n/e Thailand and probably Pattaya also."

Not really a stone's throw from Phuket. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Did you read this bit from the OP...

"I will visit n/e Thailand and probably Pattaya also."

Not really a stone's throw from Phuket. 

Thai have direct flights to Udon 

HTK -UTH

If they're still flying , because that's what I was thinking of doing. .

Thanks for all of the advice,I am not going to travel anytime soon as it would only cause me more strife when I returned home.Hopefully in the first half of 2022.I see there is a report broadcast from South Africa that the daily omicron infections has shown a downward trend so if that is correct the world will celebrate.

Edited by Robert Birrell
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 3:52 PM, ubonjoe said:

If you are from a country that qualifies for a visa exempt entry you can stay for 30 days and then extend it for 30 days.

You would only need 30 days of the covid 19/medical insurance.

The airline can ask for a onward ticket within 30 days.

You will need a Thailand Pass. Site to apply for it is here. https://tp.consular.go.th/

If fully vaccinated you will need to do a 7 day quarantine at a AQ hotel. If not the it will be a 10 day quarantine if from a low risk country.

Hi Joe , Happy new year, just a query again, my friend has tickets booked to return he is not vaccinated, his Thai wife is and he has 3 children under 10 yrs old that have Thai passports.

1/Do the Thai passport holders have to pay for MIQ.

Can he enter Thailand unvaccinated, one problem is Qantas  will not let anyone on board with out a vaccine passport, he can change to Singapore air for his flight but I'm not sure if they will let him transit through Singapore.

The visa on arrival he will probably use and then apply for a 90 day non O ,then extension.

2/ Is the visa on arrival still 30 days? and not 45, to allow for MIQ, he is booked for the 22nd Feb. He will book an onward ticket required to leave NZ, and enter Thailand

3/ can you send me that link again for the covid insurance, and any other advice you think is necessary.

Thanks again for your help and happy New Year. 

7 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Can he enter Thailand unvaccinated, one problem is Qantas  will not let anyone on board with out a vaccine passport,

Yes he can enter Thailand unvaccinated.

My post is to recommend he look into the flight route he plans to take.

I cannot recall the details but one report from chap that flew first leg NZ to Au then onto Singapore and finally BKK.

He could not fly onward from Au. Think the bookings were from different carriers done by an travel agent. 

Sorry not more clear. 

52 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

The visa on arrival he will probably use and then apply for a 90 day non O ,then extension.

2/ Is the visa on arrival still 30 days? and not 45, 

A Visa on arrival gives a stay of 15 days and costs 2,000 Baht if he if qualified , which I doubt.

I think that you are thinking about something else.

1 hour ago, kiwikeith said:

Hi Joe , Happy new year, just a query again, my friend has tickets booked to return he is not vaccinated, his Thai wife is and he has 3 children under 10 yrs old that have Thai passports.

1/Do the Thai passport holders have to pay for MIQ.

Can he enter Thailand unvaccinated, one problem is Qantas  will not let anyone on board with out a vaccine passport, he can change to Singapore air for his flight but I'm not sure if they will let him transit through Singapore.

2/ Is the visa on arrival still 30 days? and not 45, to allow for MIQ, he is booked for the 22nd Feb. He will book an onward ticket required to leave NZ, and enter Thailand

3/ can you send me that link again for the covid insurance, and any other advice you think is necessary.

1. What is MIQ? I mean mean AQ (alternative quarantine) it has to be paid for now by Thai's and everybody else.

Being vaccinated is not mandatory for anybody entering Thailand. But is is a condition to do only do a 7 day quarantine or the Test & Go if reinstated.

I don't think a vaccination is mandatory for children under 12 by any airline. It can  be required for anybody over 12.

It does not appear that Singapore requires a person to be vaccinated to transit there according to the IATA info shown on this map after clicking on Singapore. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

Thais do not have to have medical insurance to enter the country.

Have you looked at the Thailand Pass website for info. https://tp.consular.go.th/

He will get a 30 day visa exempt entry. A visa on arrival for those from 18 countries only allows a 15 day entry.

He can extend his visa exempt entry for 30 days.

2. MIQ??? Answered the rest in #1.

3. https://covid19.tgia.org/

3 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

A Visa on arrival gives a stay of 15 days and costs 2,000 Baht if he if qualified , which I doubt.

I think that you are thinking about something else.

Sorry NZ can enter Thailand for 30 days without a visa, it was extended to 45 days to account for the previous 14 day MIQ. 

So now I think its gone back to 30 days, and does not include MIQ time, my query was has that has the 30 day visa exempt been extended to cover MIQ again due to Omicron??

6 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

So now I think its gone back to 30 days, and does not include MIQ time, my query was has that has the 30 day visa exempt been extended to cover MIQ again due to Omicron??

He will receive a 30 day stamp.

Nothing extra for Quarantine.

BTW ...MIQ is NZ term. Not really relevant in Thailand forum. 

On 12/31/2021 at 5:49 PM, DrJack54 said:

Yes he can enter Thailand unvaccinated.

My post is to recommend he look into the flight route he plans to take.

I cannot recall the details but one report from chap that flew first leg NZ to Au then onto Singapore and finally BKK.

He could not fly onward from Au. Think the bookings were from different carriers done by an travel agent. 

Sorry not more clear. 

Thanks again Joe for your sound advice, it has helped me, to help several people get back to Thailand after being stranded here.

I am currently stranded as well but planning to get the heck out of NZ, with my Thai wife and son ,as vaccine mandates cripple society here much worse than Thailand, I think that Thailand is far bettor off, and much more lenient with movement at present.

I will be hoping to get back before the winter which is June here, and will seek your advice again as everything is changing by the day.

Thanks again best wishes for the new year.

Keith

1 minute ago, kiwikeith said:

Thanks again Joe for your sound advice, it has helped me, to help several people get back to Thailand after being stranded here.

I am currently stranded as well but planning to get the heck out of NZ, with my Thai wife and son ,as vaccine mandates cripple society here much worse than Thailand, I think that Thailand is far bettor off, and much more lenient with movement at present.

I will be hoping to get back before the winter which is June here, and will seek your advice again as everything is changing by the day.

Thanks again best wishes for the new year.

Keith

oopps wrong reply but appreciate everyone here that give good advice thanks to all.

When Test and Go was announced the Thai wife and I purchased tickets to arrive at BKK late January. We have not applied for Test and Go or Thai Pass. Questions;

1) We know a couple who just arrived in Thailand yesterday. They both had Test and Go QR codes issued prior to T&G being suspended. Apparently she (Thai Passport) was released after 1 night stay in quarantine but he (foreign passport) is being held 7 days. Both vaxxed and tested negative upon arrival. Is her early release only due to receiving the QR code prior to suspension of T&G, or are rules different for Thai vs non Thai going forward?

2) If we apply for the Phuket Sandbox can we transit in BKK to a flight to Phuket prior to immigration, or are we required to arrive in Phuket which would require a major change to our tickets?

Edited by ftpjtm