Siam Commercial Bank moving into Crypto, why aren't you?

On 1/19/2022 at 2:30 AM, lkn said:

Any examples? Other than press releases like what OP posted, which is just about the investment arm of SCB that has bought a crypto exchange to make money on fees. That is not changing financial markets, they might as well have bought an amusement park.

If crypto is disruptive, what exactly is being disrupted? Who are losing money and customers to crypto?

The financial market is been rapidly changing, how did we end up with transfer wise and sofi?

Blockchain and defi is the way to go.

Ask Visa, MasterCard and all these big banks of the world.

2 minutes ago, LoveThai94 said:

If stock price was based off fundamentals only the marking would not be falling as interest rate is increasing.

Higher interest means more expensive to borrow money. For a company this can lead to less profit (unless they do not need to ever borrow), and for consumers, it means less spending, because car loan, mortgage, etc. will eat more of their disposable income.

As stock prices are present value of future cashflow, it makes perfect sense, as the expected higher interest rate is likely to result in lower future cashflow.

I believe several banking stocks have actually increased in price, since the interest rate hikes were pushed forward, which again makes sense, because a bank will be able to make more money, if it gets more expensive to lend money.

6 minutes ago, LoveThai94 said:

The financial market is been rapidly changing, how did we end up with transfer wise and sofi?

Blockchain and defi is the way to go.

Ask Visa, MasterCard and all these big banks of the world.

So you have no examples to back up your statement that “Crypto is changing the financial markets as we speak”?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LoveThai94 said:

Apple and Amazon are a few companies in the stock market that is making a profit.

Multiply the stock price of these two great companies with their outstanding shares and compare that with their earnings, doesn't quite add up right?, maybe it will in 2025.

Why doesn’t it add up? Apple is trading at 29 times earnings, Amazon is trading at 59 times earning.

I personally think Apple is fairly valued and Amazon is overvalued, but then, I sold all my Amazon shares at around $310 because back then I though it was overvalued, only to see them grow their earnings x10. I have not really looked into the company since, but just today I heard they are moving into retail clothing stores, so clearly a company that still hasn’t taken its eye off the ball wrt. growth into “new” markets, and that is probably why people are willing to pay 59 times earnings, because they have a consistent history of growing their cashflow, and as I have told you several times, the stock price is the present value of future cashflow.

The Wright brothers was the big joke of 1903, it will never fly!

Elon Musk was the joke of 2003, we tried that already and it didn't work!

Elon Musk, funny i brought him up, yep a owner of crypto.

Tim Cook, Apple CEO have so much money we wanted to throw some away and bought crypto.

You take risk when you take out a mortgage, and the lender a bigger risk.

What happen to the guy that leaves his job to start his own business?

Nike and Walmart going into the meta verse, What?

4 minutes ago, lkn said:

Why doesn’t it add up? Apple is trading at 29 times earnings, Amazon is trading at 59 times earning.

I personally think Apple is fairly valued and Amazon is overvalued, but then, I sold all my Amazon shares at around $310 because back then I though it was overvalued, only to see them grow their earnings x10. I have not really looked into the company since, but just today I heard they are moving into retail clothing stores, so clearly a company that still hasn’t taken its eye off the ball wrt. growth into “new” markets, and that is probably why people are willing to pay 59 times earnings, because they have a consistent history of growing their cashflow, and as I have told you several times, the stock price is the present value of future cashflow.

Why would you sell Amazon?

You know why?, you are paying attention but you paint the picture that this is a good investment buying this company.

If you don't pay attention in any investment you either have low gain or lose money.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, lkn said:

Higher interest means more expensive to borrow money. For a company this can lead to less profit (unless they do not need to ever borrow), and for consumers, it means less spending, because car loan, mortgage, etc. will eat more of their disposable income.

As stock prices are present value of future cashflow, it makes perfect sense, as the expected higher interest rate is likely to result in lower future cashflow.

I believe several banking stocks have actually increased in price, since the interest rate hikes were pushed forward, which again makes sense, because a bank will be able to make more money, if it gets more expensive to lend money.

Higher interest rate means i can get a better deal with less risk making stocks less attractive!

Banks stocks are actually getting crushed, you not paying attention.

16 minutes ago, LoveThai94 said:

Do i have to give you examples? or is it for the forum?

I would assume you did your homework.

I have repeatedly argued that blockchain is not disrupting anything. It is slow and expensive. You made the claim that crypto is changing financial markets as we speak.

Up to you if you want to give an examples, but I fail to see how anyone can take you serious, if you can’t even give a single example of how this stuff is changing financial markets, after you made such a claim.

22 minutes ago, LoveThai94 said:

Higher interest rate means i can get a better deal with less risk making stocks less attractive!

But your base crypto can go down significantly with volatility.

PS I am very pro crypto but its not a slam dunk.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LoveThai94 said:

Banks stocks are actually getting crushed, you not paying attention.

Crushed? Wells Fargo, Citigroup, HSBC, etc. are up year-to-date, Bank of America about the same, JPMorgan was up until they released earnings report the 13th of January, which showed decline in earnings for Q4 2021, and that is why the stock is now down, not because of higher interests.

Anyway, it is getting tedious having to correct all your misunderstandings about stocks.

The point being made is that crypto is worthless, just a speculative unproductive asset, at best a zero-sum game, in practice a negative sum game. Your misunderstandings about stocks does not change that.

38 minutes ago, LoveThai94 said:

You know why?, you are paying attention but you paint the picture that this is a good investment buying this company.

I said that I personally think it is overvalued, but that this is just my gut feeling. I don’t think anyone would interpret what I wrote as me painting a picture that Amazon is a good investment. I really have no idea. As said, I am not following this company (since I sold my last shares for around $310).

But if you want, we can actually make a decent analysis about whether or not their current price is a fair valuation. All the numbers are there, their financials, disclosures, guidance about future revenue, etc.

6 minutes ago, lkn said:

Crushed? Wells Fargo, Citigroup, HSBC, etc. are up year-to-date, Bank of America about the same, JPMorgan was up until they released earnings report the 13th of January, which showed decline in earnings for Q4 2021, and that is why the stock is now down, not because of higher interests.

Anyway, it is getting tedious having to correct all your misunderstandings about stocks.

The point being made is that crypto is worthless, just a speculative unproductive asset, at best a zero-sum game, in practice a negative sum game. Your misunderstandings about stocks does not change that.

You don't know anything about stocks, maybe in 1999 you did.

Different times now, you didn't go there, while i am doing my scans for the day.

Banks have been laggard, look at the charts and get out of the news cycle.

Mad money last night below for you.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/20/jim-cramer-says-these-are-his-favorite-bank-stocks-in-2022.html

3 minutes ago, lkn said:

I said that I personally think it is overvalued, but that this is just my gut feeling. I don’t think anyone would interpret what I wrote as me painting a picture that Amazon is a good investment. I really have no idea. As said, I am not following this company (since I sold my last shares for around $310).

But if you want, we can actually make a decent analysis about whether or not their current price is a fair valuation. All the numbers are there, their financials, disclosures, guidance about future revenue, etc.

If they are favorable with the market it will go up if not they will say its already baked in on their next earnings watch and see.

17 minutes ago, Whale said:

I am not even pro crypto, i am pro tech and pro you can make money.

Some coins are trash i think so i am not for every coin, i only like about 3 or 4 and researching on them.

Currently i own one some of one coin and trade the hell out of some.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Whale said:

Finally, a pro-crypto person joining the discussion, who doesn't have his head up his ...  , I mean, in the clouds. ????

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lkn said:

I have repeatedly argued that blockchain is not disrupting anything. It is slow and expensive. You made the claim that crypto is changing financial markets as we speak.

Up to you if you want to give an examples, but I fail to see how anyone can take you serious, if you can’t even give a single example of how this stuff is changing financial markets, after you made such a claim.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/how-ibm-is-using-blockchain-technology-2020-10-21

http://markets.businessinsider.com/news/jpmorgan-and-citi-are-using-blockchain-technology-and-other-banks-are-considering-allowing-clients-to-hold-crypto-in-bank-accounts-bank-of-america-research-finds-1030114901

https://www.forbes.com/sites/franksorrentino/2021/11/29/banking-on-blockchain/?sh=4b44704a70ed

23 minutes ago, LoveThai94 said:

Different times now, you didn't go there, while i am doing my scans for the day.

Dude, you barely even know how shorting stocks work. lkn had to explain it to you.

And 3/4 of the things you've said in your past 6-7 posts makes zero financial sense.

Edited by ThLT

12 minutes ago, LoveThai94 said:

You say, and give a link to Jim Cramer, I am lost for words…

Only thing to add: All this “you know nothing”, F’ing prove yourself. I have explained over and over in minute detail about pretty much anything that has come up. You just make vague statements like “bank stocks are being crushed” (which obviously, they are not), that “financial markets are changed by crypto as we speak”, with zero examples, that “market cap of Apple and Amazon does not add up” with no follow-up when quoting the actual P/E ratio, etc.

You are just wasting my time.

4 minutes ago, LoveThai94 said:

IBM: That project is already dead: https://www.coindesk.com/business/2021/02/01/ibm-blockchain-is-a-shell-of-its-former-self-after-revenue-misses-job-cuts-sources/

JPMorgan & Citigroup: “While JPMorgan and Citi did not specify in what capacity they use blockchain technology”. I call BS! They also mention Ripple in same story, but Ripple CEO has previously gone on the record before and said that banks do not want crypto because it is slow, and because they do not want customer information on a blockchain, and the products Ripple are selling to banks are not based on blockchain (even though many press releases will have you believe that).

As for your third link: “[…] the power that blockchain technology could play in the regulated financial industry - specifically in banking. Smaller commercial banks, like ours to the largest financial institutions in the country, are exploring the various ways that blockchain can be brought into the fold of banks”. So just PR hype. We have heard that banks are “exploring” crypto for many years now. Nothing has come of it!

Give a concrete example! Not just these vague fluff pieces.

5 minutes ago, lkn said:

IBM: That project is already dead: https://www.coindesk.com/business/2021/02/01/ibm-blockchain-is-a-shell-of-its-former-self-after-revenue-misses-job-cuts-sources/

JPMorgan & Citigroup: “While JPMorgan and Citi did not specify in what capacity they use blockchain technology”. I call BS! They also mention Ripple in same story, but Ripple CEO has previously gone on the record before and said that banks do not want crypto because it is slow, and because they do not want customer information on a blockchain, and the products Ripple are selling to banks are not based on blockchain (even though many press releases will have you believe that).

As for your third link: “[…] the power that blockchain technology could play in the regulated financial industry - specifically in banking. Smaller commercial banks, like ours to the largest financial institutions in the country, are exploring the various ways that blockchain can be brought into the fold of banks”. So just PR hype. We have heard that banks are “exploring” crypto for many years now. Nothing has come of it!

Give a concrete example! Not just these vague fluff pieces.

Lets get into the developer stuff, go on git hub or sourceforge and see what is being developed on blockchain.

Two things that is being worked on blockchain and meta verse, AI is already here.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LoveThai94 said:

Lets get into the developer stuff, go on git hub or sourceforge and see what is being developed on blockchain.

Two things that is being worked on blockchain and meta verse, AI is already here.

Both of these sentences doesn't support your claims, not even a single drop.

"There are open-source blockchain and metaverse projects listed on GitHub and SourceForge!!!" proves absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lkn said:

You say, and give a link to Jim Cramer, I am lost for words…

Only thing to add: All this “you know nothing”, F’ing prove yourself. I have explained over and over in minute detail about pretty much anything that has come up. You just make vague statements like “bank stocks are being crushed” (which obviously, they are not), that “financial markets are changed by crypto as we speak”, with zero examples, that “market cap of Apple and Amazon does not add up” with no follow-up when quoting the actual P/E ratio, etc.

You are just wasting my time.

I gave you what your old folks know.

5 minutes ago, LoveThai94 said:

What are you talking about? ????
Every one of those stocks are at almost their highest in 5 years—and even the whole timescale of each stock. 

Edited by ThLT

29 minutes ago, ThLT said:

Dude, you barely even know how shorting stocks work. lkn had to explain it to you.

And 3/4 of the things you've said in your past 6-7 posts makes zero financial sense.

We are on to algo trading these days, what you saying?

You have no idea about trading!

What platform do you use? walk the talk.