Siam Commercial Bank moving into Crypto, why aren't you?

2 hours ago, Pravda said:

You sold after 1 rally to get some worthless fiat?

I thought Bitcoin is going to $500,000?

It is going to that.

Nothing wrong with making trades in BTC. Daily 20% swings are common.

Some here were very vocal when BTC dropped 50%, but quiet that that has mainly been recovered.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

It is going to that.

Nothing wrong with making trades in BTC. Daily 20% swings are common.

Some here were very vocal when BTC dropped 50%, but quiet that that has mainly been recovered.

So you think I'm not trading it?

1 minute ago, suzannegoh said:

Since never has anyone on these forums been on the wrong side of a trade, it goes without saying that you made at least a six figure profit.

I'm betting small money. Simply to be in the system and honestly completely out of boredom. The commission on these trades is ridiculously low

15 hours ago, Neeranam said:

It's amazing how FUD can be created. Earlier in this thread people were saying that Russia was banning crypto.  They were wrong. 

https://news.bitcoin.com/russian-government-to-present-regulatory-scenarios-for-cryptocurrencies-within-a-week-report/

BTC will be at $65.5K by March 15th. 

• Haha 1

From the BBC News website this morning.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-60281129

North Korean cyber-attacks have stolen millions of dollars worth of cryptocurrency to fund the country's missile programmes, a UN report briefed to media says.

Between 2020 and mid-2021 cyber-attackers stole more than $50m (£37m) of digital assets, investigators found.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, billd766 said:

From the BBC News website this morning.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-60281129

North Korean cyber-attacks have stolen millions of dollars worth of cryptocurrency to fund the country's missile programmes, a UN report briefed to media says.

Between 2020 and mid-2021 cyber-attackers stole more than $50m (£37m) of digital assets, investigators found.

I fail to see the relevance of this news to investing in cryptocurrency. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ThLT said:

North Korea stealing cryptocurrency to develop missile programme, UN says

But you probably don't care about that, right? As long as you're raking in profits?

What does that even mean? But yes, if North Korea hacked into Apple, I would not care as long as I kept "raking in the profits". 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Yellowtail said:

What does that even mean? But yes, if North Korea hacked into Apple, I would not care as long as I kept "raking in the profits". 

North Korea isn't hacking into Apple and stealing millions is it? Nor is that even possible????

45 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Or if North Korea was stealing gold, should we stop buying gold? Or hey, NK steals US$, don't touch it 555

Some people are living 10 years ago when they believed the FUD about crypto. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

North Korea have one of the largest amounts of crypto

Well it not exactly as though international arms dealers are going to accept North Korean Won is It!!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Well it not exactly as though international arms dealers are going to accept North Korean Won is It!!!

Crypto can actually make it easier to track transactions and therefore, catch criminals.

Cryptocurrencies are run on a blockchain that acts as a ledger. The specifics are complex, but basically, every single transaction that has ever happened or will ever happen with Bitcoin has a specific transaction code. This information, which is publicly available on the Bitcoin blockchain, can be easily tracked by authorities if linked to a real-world identity.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

North Korea have one of the largest amounts of crypto. Wise dude that Kim.

Yeah, crypto North Korea have stolen. So "wise," according to you. ????

Edited by ThLT
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

This information, which is publicly available on the Bitcoin blockchain, can be easily tracked by authorities if linked to a real-world identity.

Yes I'm sure it's all clearly registered to Supreme Commander General Kim Jong-un

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Yes I'm sure it's all clearly registered to Supreme Commander General Kim Jong-un

58 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Crypto can actually make it easier to track transactions and therefore, catch criminals.

Cryptocurrencies are run on a blockchain that acts as a ledger. The specifics are complex, but basically, every single transaction that has ever happened or will ever happen with Bitcoin has a specific transaction code. This information, which is publicly available on the Bitcoin blockchain, can be easily tracked by authorities if linked to a real-world identity.

I'm sure North Korean hackers have a Binance account, with their address and other personal info on there. ????

Edited by ThLT
  • Haha 1

On 12/30/2021 at 10:38 AM, Farmerslife said:

Because I know nothing about it. It is a minefield for me in which I would lose my money in nanoseconds. 

All very well if you know what you're doing and can afford to gamble and lose but I don't and have no interest in finding out.

It's a vehicle for money laundering, it's unregulated, it has no tangible assets and it scares me $h1tless. 

That's why. 

Bro. All you need is a coinbase account and press buy button

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Politicians and govt officials should be forced into using crypto for all transactions. That way it would all be public information… of course we all know why the powers that be can’t have that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Cult awakens on yet another manipulated move.

bitcoin did not release surprise earnings (there are none)

bitcoin did not announce the debut of a new product (there are none)

So is it now:

1) the train is leaving the station

or

2) a rocket ship to the moon

Of course the answer is:  None of the above.

bitcoin's major holders (25% owned by .1%) just did what they have been doing: juice it to get day trading genius wannabes and the Clueless Cathie Woods of the world to chase the fox. It trades exactly like a penny stock.

Once the conjured from nothing entity hits a level that pleases them, and the bid side fills in, they will hammer it again and realize gains from their creation.

Trade it, don't marry it. And certainly don't give any credence to a One Shot Wonder like Cathie Woods

Of course we can thank btc for getting crude oil up over $90/bbl. I guess since gross wastes of finite resources are completely acceptable, I'm going to order a Donzi or Cigarette boat with 1000 gallon tanks and 2000hp engines and do my part to waste fossil fuel and contribute to climate change.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

North Korea stealing money from cryptocurrency exchanges to fund missile programs, says UN

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-07/north-korea-missiles-cyberattack-funding/100809480

Is this one story(posted twice) the best the crypto luddites can come up with? 

Go start a separate thread about how crypto is useless and see how stupid that would make you look. :cheesy:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Trade it, don't marry it. And certainly don't give any credence to a One Shot Wonder like Cathie Woods

Not sure what Cathy Woods has to do with anything. 

I bet you said the same thing when BTC was $1, how wrong you were. "marrying" or HODLing is a good strategy for those who don't want to spend time watching charts.