"New Millionaires" back selling veg at the market in Korat after lottery win - tip given for today's draw

webfact

6pm.jpg

Picture: Snook

Sanook went to the Home Garden market in Muang district of Nakhon Ratchasima in Thailand's north east where they found lottery winners Adul Thonsungnern, 48, and his wife Chalermwan, 49, back at their stall selling vegetables after a lottery win.

The couple won 12 million baht with two tickets in the December 16th draw with the number 639235.

Adul explained that this number was derived from his his vehicle's registration plate that featured in a dream about a large snake and a fire. 

The couple took a break from their stall - "Jeng Phak Sot" (great fresh veg) - until yesterday but were now getting up early in the morning again and continuing to sell their wares at 5 and 10 baht a pack.

They had paid off the mortgage and the instalments on the car and the rest of their winnings were now sitting in a joint account.

They intended to carry on working as before.

For today's draw he is playing number 66. He got five tickets with the number 432766 derived from the plate number of a motorcycle he bought for a child and his own plate. 

Five tickets would mean he could win 30 million baht this time, but he was at pains to say he was not knowledgeable about the lottery and didn't believe the pronouncements of "ajaans".

These are people that use the Thai word for professor who advise on potential lottery numbers based on pseudo-science.

"I'm not an expert I just get the numbers from my vehicle," he said adding responsibly that he never plays the "huay tai din" or underground lottery. 

The state lottery will be drawn this afternoon and the elaborate procedure designed to ensure transparency can be seen on national TV. 

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-12-30

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

14 hours ago, Lopchan said:

Sad comment by an obviously sad individual.
What, you've never heard of hard working people?

Ok you made me laugh a lot your answer.

What are you talking about?

To work or just to win the lottery?

Then do a quick search of how many so-called millionaires have become poorer than before and you would be very surprised.

Wishes to win the lottery.