Are We All "sad"?

November Rain

I cannot believe anybody is fretting over spelling errors unless you're on the teaching forum and have just told a fellow English teacher, erroneously, that they made an error, and you make a mistake in the process of accusing them!

We could all borrow the excuse that aussiestyle1983 had for his signature, denying any responsibility for errors. Unless you're as pedantic as I am, and am recovering from a stroke, still going back and correctgsting most of my errorls.

Great place, ThaiVisa. Lots of fun, information, friendship, etc.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,

it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. :o

TV does fulfill a great social need for the expat to know whats going on.

Of course all bbs s have their Knowalls who you would consider sad.

And of course the abilty in Thailand to be someone you not is part of the fantasyland attraction.

I wonder about the ones who have time and inclination to post 2-3k posts in a year then accuse people of being trolls.

for many, i would say, it is sad. nobody would admit it, but i just imagine a dingy studio and a couple hundred baht "budget" for a week of food... and of course bitching on tv.... but then again, maybe i'm acting and actually describing myself. No, that would be all of the high-rollers here on TV, claiming to be johnny bigballs toughguy ex-military type, or broke-ass-sod-pretending to be rich guy... god i'd love to see some of the digs these clows actually live in... and their 'beautiful' wives? when they piss on thai celebs that make their brown little wives look like maids, actually many of them would be maids if you hadn't saved them.... i'm ranting again.

Its very sad,but there,s a lot of truth in that statement :o

i don't think this forum is sad. It's the best internet forum i've ever been involved in. Personally, I love it. I'm just sad it doesnt love me . . . .

:o:D We do love you really, bendix. :D

Bet you say that to all the boys. :D

Nooo i dont think we are sad.

Intellegent people require stimulus! :D

----------------------------

I wonder if intelligent people should be able to spell "intelligent."

:D :D

Well spotted! :o

:D

NR: Excellent Post. Unfortunately at this time I am in no condition to contribute anything sensible.

kayo! elephant1wt0.gif

Edited by kayo

I was talking to an acquaintance, today. She said she was lonely in our town & asked what I did for friends. I started talking about TV and another forum I'm active in. She interrupted me with "But isn't that very sad?"

OK, maybe. In my particular circumstances (working with dogs all day, staying in most nights to take care of my little boy), it's the only social interraction with adults I get. Still sad? Yep, but wouldn't watching television and having no interraction be worse?

So, you're all here, too. Are we sad? Or is this a valid form of social interraction? Answers (in the form of a post, not on a postcard) please...

Those of you that actually have a life are excused :D

I think the word sad used in the context you describe means loser, inadequate, boring etc etc. Fortunatley ( for us) this sad way of living is becoming quite the norm so you should be happy to be sad :o

Ya, this topic is totally out of context. From Urban Dic:

sad:

Pathetic

It's sad that Mark still lives with his mom, even though he's 35.

Are we all pathetic?

I was talking to an acquaintance, today. She said she was lonely in our town & asked what I did for friends. I started talking about TV and another forum I'm active in. She interrupted me with "But isn't that very sad?"

OK, maybe. In my particular circumstances (working with dogs all day, staying in most nights to take care of my little boy), it's the only social interraction with adults I get. Still sad? Yep, but wouldn't watching television and having no interraction be worse?

So, you're all here, too. Are we sad? Or is this a valid form of social interraction? Answers (in the form of a post, not on a postcard) please...

Those of you that actually have a life are excused :bah:

I think the word sad used in the context you describe means loser, inadequate, boring etc etc. Fortunatley ( for us) this sad way of living is becoming quite the norm so you should be happy to be sad :D

Ya, this topic is totally out of context. From Urban Dic:

sad:

Pathetic

It's sad that Mark still lives with his mom, even though he's 35.

Are we all pathetic?

Oh, good, another pedant. I've always thought that's just what TV needs - more of those. :D:o

I used the word "sad", as that was the word used in the conversation. I apostrophised it in the title to show that it wasn't meant in the usual way. Most people seemed to get it. For those that didn't, I apologise, but Carnival & others did a very good job of clarifying the meaning, so I didn't feel I had to.

Just for you, huma, if I ever use a word that can be misinterpreted, or is in the least ambiguous, again, I shall provide a dictionary definition & a link to at least 3 internet sources (but not Wikipedia). Will that do? :D

Jettie, can I borrow your Jimmy Choo handbag for later? I've just broken the strap on mine... :D