Something new has appeared in member's profiles - not just the space rockets

chickenslegs

17 minutes ago, swissie said:

If JT and GG have not earned any "badges", it's probably meaningless. Unless the number of posts, plus the amount of "likes", minus the amount of "dislikes" divided by the age of your grandmother results in a mathematical factor higher than  1.7639.

Welcome to 2022. Welcome to an accerelated world of "Algorisms".

Well, your spelling aside, for now.....which is obviously intentional,....

Can you recite the value of π beyond the decimal point to 9 digits?

For doing this, I would give you a badge, for sure....a mathematical badge.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

We should all be grateful that there were people like your grandad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croix_de_guerre_1914–1918_(France)

Thinking carefully about your comment......

And, also thinking about so many men and women today, who have been exposed to war.....

Even though my grandfather progressed from being a medic in the trenches in France to becoming a successful orthopedic surgeon, and had of orthopedic surgery at a major hospital, .......

Yet, in some ways, his exposure to his war experience and the trenches in France left a lasting impact which colored his life, for the rest of his life.

These days, the term PTSD is so familiar.

And, my grandfather was affected throughout his life until the day he died, when the term PTSD had not yet become widely recognized.

Will we ever by free of war?

Young college students always ask this same question in their naivete.

War always saps the strength of our youth, most of all.

There is nothing beneficial about it.

2022, hopefully, will be a far better year, concerning finally freeing ourselves from the virus of ill repute.

Maybe someday, by the year 3022, we will put an end to war, finally.

And then, our young college students will find a more useful topic for discussion.

Humanity progresses in its humanity year by year, there is no doubt.

Maybe we just must remain patient.

Someday, we will overcome our own humanity, perhaps.

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Thinking carefully about your comment......

And, also thinking about so many men and women today, who have been exposed to war.....

Even though my grandfather progressed from being a medic in the trenches in France to becoming a successful orthopedic surgeon, and had of orthopedic surgery at a major hospital, .......

Yet, in some ways, his exposure to his war experience and the trenches in France left a lasting impact which colored his life, for the rest of his life.

These days, the term PTSD is so familiar.

And, my grandfather was affected throughout his life until the day he died, when the term PTSD had not yet become widely recognized.

Will we ever by free of war?

Young college students always ask this same question in their naivete.

War always saps the strength of our youth, most of all.

There is nothing beneficial about it.

2022, hopefully, will be a far better year, concerning finally freeing ourselves from the virus of ill repute.

Maybe someday, by the year 3022, we will put an end to war, finally.

And then, our young college students will find a more useful topic for discussion.

Humanity progresses in its humanity year by year, there is no doubt.

Maybe we just must remain patient.

Someday, we will overcome our own humanity, perhaps.

There are benefits to war, science usually advances a lot during a war. Military science that later gets applied to civilians. Like GPS for instance. I doubt though that its worth all the deaths. 

5 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Well, your spelling aside, for now.....which is obviously intentional,....

Can you recite the value of π beyond the decimal point to 9 digits?

For doing this, I would give you a badge, for sure....a mathematical badge.

It's probably the army of Farangs that don't know what do do once they have erected a Mansion in the middle of nowhere for the benefit of a Thai-Family that can't even trace their ancestrty (land rights) for more than 2 generations.

Off topic, for sure. But the root of any problems down the road for any "Foreighn-Inverstors", especially when even "Thai-Authorities" don't know where community/regional/state borders converge.

This is not a joke, By the next "local-elections", Borders may be redrawn. Overnight. Eventual protests by a Farang will strictly be ignored, especially when Thai Families don't know where *Land-Borders" have been established some 200 years ago.

Off topic? Not really, Because in the end "wealth" in Thailand was always measured in form of "how much Land a Family owns" or how much Gold circulates among "the Family". It has been like this before any GI set foot on Pattaya soil.

Far off topic? Not really, because in the far corners of the Isaan, nothing has changed over the last 20 years. Male Youngsters (the hope of the family) are still engaged by Motorbike-Races, in order to establish some kind of useless "pecking-order", while the daughters are still responsible to replace a refrigerator, once the 15 year old "Siemens" can do no more. NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN RURAL THAILAND OVER THE LAST 20 YEARS.

I remain: The Thai-Females are the Backbone of Thai Society. If they work in a bar or on a rice field or in a bank, it remains the same.

The problem arises, when the "modest" Thai-Female realises how "rich" the Farang is. Including the extended Thai Family.

- But that is another story. It should be discussed with more intensity here, as it is such a rare occurance.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 6:00 AM, wannascuba said:

If you hover over my "rocket"...

Reading this forum on my phone with the opera browser at the moment, I have the good fortune of seeing no rocket on any avatar and no reference to badges, also not in in members' profiles. Hopefully, this will last.