Thai interior ministry officials to work from home until January 14th

Jonathan Fairfield

656D6737-11B7-4876-90F4-4C90536C198A.jpeg

Thailand’s Ministry of Interior has instructed all units under its supervision to consider allowing their staff to work from home until January 14th, as a precautionary measure to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 Omicron variant, infections of which are expected to spike after the long New Year holidays.

Interior permanent secretary Sutthipong Julacharoen said Friday that the work from home measure will be applied by all units as the unit heads think fit, including the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) and provincial administrations, in a way which will not affect public services.

If necessary, physical presence activities, such as meetings, seminars and training courses, which require many people to gather together, should be cancelled, suspended or postponed or virtual activities should be arranged instead, he said.

If such activities cannot be avoided, he said that the event organisers must strictly comply with the COVID-19 free setting measure, introduced by the Ministry of Public Health.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-interior-ministry-officials-to-work-from-home-until-january-14th/

3 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Thailand’s Ministry of Interior has instructed all units under its supervision to consider allowing their staff to work from home until January 14th, as a precautionary measure to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 Omicron variant, infections of which are expected to spike after the long New Year holidays.

Extended New Year holiday... Luvvly Jubbly for some.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

If aliens arrived and kidnapped all the bureaucrats in the world, who would notice?

It would take some time to notice but you would. Rules and regulation taxes and stuff are needed. Its why civilization progressed, the uninformed always make remarks like yours. Usually people who are technical. Point is we all need each other while i certainly agree that some bureaucrats do useless work that is mainly in countries like this with high levels of corruption. 

People seem to forget (again cant blame the technical guys they dont know any better) that people controlling stock of stuff are also bureaucrats and without it you can forget buying stuff at all international trade would stop. Just too much too mention atually.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

It would take some time to notice but you would. Rules and regulation taxes and stuff are needed. Its why civilization progressed, the uninformed always make remarks like yours. Usually people who are technical. Point is we all need each other while i certainly agree that some bureaucrats do useless work that is mainly in countries like this with high levels of corruption. 

People seem to forget (again cant blame the technical guys they dont know any better) that people controlling stock of stuff are also bureaucrats and without it you can forget buying stuff at all international trade would stop. Just too much too mention atually.

Mankind has not yet invented a successful practice, process, or procedure that a government official cannot quickly ruin through incessant and unnecessary regulation and taxation.

Government ideology is now on a par with the worst of any religious orthodoxy.  The Spanish Inquisition comes to mind.

But (in the west) when circa 35% of the working population are employed directly by government and another 35% are beholden to government for welfare and foodstamps, us remaining half dozen net taxpayers get a bit peeved.

There's a reason why governments are kept well away from the production of beer.

16 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

Mankind has not yet invented a successful practice, process, or procedure that a government official cannot quickly ruin through incessant and unnecessary regulation and taxation.

Government ideology is now on a par with the worst of any religious orthodoxy.  The Spanish Inquisition comes to mind.

But (in the west) when circa 35% of the working population are employed directly by government and another 35% are beholden to government for welfare and foodstamps, us remaining half dozen net taxpayers get a bit peeved.

There's a reason why governments are kept well away from the production of beer.

n 2019, the share of those employed in the government sector varied among the Member States, with the highest proportions observed in Sweden (29 % of total employment), Denmark (28 %), Finland (24 %), Croatia and Estonia (both 23 %) and the lowest in Germany (11 %), the Netherlands and Luxembourg (both 12 %), Italy (13 %) and Portugal (14 %).

Do pull some more numbers out of your ass, like most blue collar guys do talk without real numbers. And look at the standard of living on Sweden and Denmark and Finland. Seems high goverment employment does not do the harm your talking about. 

• Haha 1

As     the wonderful Royal Thai Police come under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Justice,  I guess this means  all the cops are going to stay home as well, not that  there will be much difference in their work output.

14 minutes ago, robblok said:

n 2019, the share of those employed in the government sector varied among the Member States, with the highest proportions observed in Sweden (29 % of total employment), Denmark (28 %), Finland (24 %), Croatia and Estonia (both 23 %) and the lowest in Germany (11 %), the Netherlands and Luxembourg (both 12 %), Italy (13 %) and Portugal (14 %).

Do pull some more numbers out of your ass, like most blue collar guys do talk without real numbers. And look at the standard of living on Sweden and Denmark and Finland. Seems high goverment employment does not do the harm your talking about. 

A bureaucrat in your former existence by any chance?

5 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

A bureaucrat in your former existence by any chance?

No never worked for the government, just a guy that likes numbers and does like B.S. like what you were doing . Same as the other 35%, i wont dig deeper has no use as guys like you are all talk with opinions that have no real backing in figures. But it does stop you from making stupid statements just because they sound cool. 

Just pointing out that your numbers are fake, and you remind me of those blue-collar workers in my group of friends back home. Lot of talk, big opinions but when you check the facts they are often not true. I learned to ignore them and accept it as how they are. But sometimes i can't help myself. When the claims become too outrageous like in your case. 

You wont see me commenting on technical stuff becuase i suck at it. Not going to make myself look like a fool, maybe you should learn your limitations too.

Edited by robblok