Where to find precise rules after test positive for Covid ?

skippybangkok

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

If you tested positive at home with an ATK, stay home for 7 days. 

If you have symptoms, go hospital. 

If you tested positive via RT-PCR, you will be taken away. 

Sensible, unless of course you live with people who are not yet infected.

Also if you live in a condo, you need to make sure you have plenty of food or that people bring it to your door. As far as i know in most condo's delivery people won't come to your room. That would mean that unless the infected person arranged differently, he will have to go through the common areas with the risk of infecting others (selfish). 

For a house your 100% correct and condo if you can arrange food and stuff at your door then that is ok too. 

Personally, i would not go for a PCR test and home isolate. Easy to do in a big home and enough food stocked for a long time.

• Like 2

I see many on these fora recommend taking a home test and then just stay at home to avoid hospitals.

Is that the best idea?

Wouldn't you want other people to know you got COVID so the ones you been in close contact with, they too can get a test and isolate if positive.

That's the whole idea of testing is it not.

25 minutes ago, Virt said:

I see many on these fora recommend taking a home test and then just stay at home to avoid hospitals.

Is that the best idea?

Wouldn't you want other people to know you got COVID so the ones you been in close contact with, they too can get a test and isolate if positive.

That's the whole idea of testing is it not.

You could tell those you've been in close contact with, so that they can test.  Why burden a hospital if you have mild symptoms?

• Like 2

The published "precise" rule is indeed as mtls2005 posted: "contact your nearest health care office"

These government health facilities at the district (amphoe), subsdistrict (tambon) and village (ban) level have the authority to rule on a case-by-case basis whether a person should self-isolate at home or be sent to a hospital. The guidelines followed  by these government health care facilities appear to be explained in the following YouTube video, in Thai language, to which I found a link on this web page of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA)

The official guidelines are no doubt somewhere in printed form but not necessarily made available to the public, as they are likely subject to change at a moment's notice depending on how the situation develops. This web page of the National News Bureau of Thailand (NTT), in English, published on 15 July 2021 about private medical facilities being given the same authority in times of a shortage of hospital beds gives a good idea of the selection criteria: 

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG210715143150377

Edited by Puccini