covid insurance of 50.000 USD still required ?

Emmarose

Hi, i plan to come to Thailand at the end of the month. The test and go is no longer applied, i'm vaccinated from belgium, is covid insurance still required ?

Can i take out this insurance with any foreign company ?

Thanks for your reply 

The insurance now required for a tourist is $50,000 general insurance, not Covid specific. It must be valid for your period of stay, and can be bought outside Thailand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bogbrush said:

The insurance now required for a tourist is $50,000 general insurance, not Covid specific. It must be valid for your period of stay, and can be bought outside Thailand.

thanks, i have a non immigrant visa who will checks if i own it ? Immigration officer at Bangkok airport after landing ?

1 hour ago, Emmarose said:

thanks, i have a non immigrant visa who will checks if i own it ? Immigration officer at Bangkok airport after landing ?

If you have a non-O, the immigration officer will expect to see $50,000 of insurance for the length of the validity of the visa. If it is OA, then he would expect to see $100,000 for the validity period.

Edited by Bogbrush
Grammar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Emmarose said:

An immigration official at Bangkok airport will check your visa and stamp your passport with a permission to stay for 90 days.

Regarding the health insurance, you have to upload a copy of it in the JPG, JPEG or PNG format as part of the online application for the Thailand Pass. Presumably, it will be checked before the Thailand Pass is issued to you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bogbrush said:

If you have a non-O, the immigration officer will expect to see $50,000 of insurance for the length of the validity of the visa. If it is OA, then he would expect to see $100,000 for the validity period.

Thanks Mate !

6 minutes ago, Farang two dot zero said:

Question that must have been asked 100 times !
What happens if you are found positive but without symptoms?
My insurance does not really answer me:
"The policy will be activated if medical treatment is facilitated and therefore if you have to get treated then the policy will cover you".

They answered your question perfectly. It is likely not what you wanted to hear.

Let me simplify it for you. If you are not sick(requiring medical care), the insurance pays nothing.