Thai Ridgeback Pups

1 hour ago, tingtongfarang said:

Think one of them might get along with kevin?

IMG_0882.JPG

Females would probably be fine with him.
Both males would eventually be bigger than Kev so one day they would work it out.
2 of the girls are calm and easy, 1 is somewhat spicy, although I like that in a dog.
Usually means easier training and the girl will always give authority to the male dog eventually.
Mocca is the spicy one and already understands basic commands, sit, stay, leave etc.
Mee and Stitch (Yoda) are easy going.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steiner said:

Pups are all happily homed now.
Very happy with the new parents and locations.
Many thanks to all who contacted me, even those who were unsuccessful.

Absolute beauties mate!!!!

• Like 2

How is the health of those ridgebacks in Thailand. Got a Ambull from a local breeder here, and it is horrible to see how they treat their animals, and how they breed for colours and look, and not health. We almost got our for free, since nobody wanted him and was the last left. 

I could not let him go to any others, so happy to know we provided a good home for him and regulary checks with the veterinary. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

Well done and lovely for the pups. I was always a large dog person, but since I have been here, I have fallen in love with Shih Tzu's.  I now have 2 and looking for a third.  Dogs make all the difference to quality of life, but finding safe places to walk them, so that they can run free for a while and interact with other domestic dogs,  has been bit of a nightmare, until we found Wisdom Valley ( near Pattaya area) and a bunch of dog lovers who use that excellent location.  

On 1/9/2022 at 10:15 AM, Hummin said:

How is the health of those ridgebacks in Thailand. Got a Ambull from a local breeder here, and it is horrible to see how they treat their animals, and how they breed for colours and look, and not health. We almost got our for free, since nobody wanted him and was the last left. 

I could not let him go to any others, so happy to know we provided a good home for him and regulary checks with the veterinary. 

Ridgebacks are probably the healthiest pedigree dog on the planet at this point.
It's a breed that only recently came to the attention of the dog show crowd, so damage to the breed has been minimal and the genepool is generally diverse.
One can see that when looking at the variation between dogs of the breed, size, shape and colouration are all varied because they did until recently breed naturally.

Different story in Europe and The UK where early imports came from a dog with defects in Eastern Europe.
Puppy farmer's have a lot to answer for!

I've had no issues with any of the ones I've owned, although I don't listen to local vets outside of tests I make my own dog health choices, things they have said to me regarding dogs! 

If you were getting a pup I'd go spend an hour with any prospective litter, they have very different personalities and traits, getting that grounded but confident pup will make training a lot easier as they are intelligent and can appear stubborn.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...