Broadband services

Badrabbit

It is probably your Internet Service Provider throttling international download speeds.

Check your download speed using testmy.net and select a download server in either the US or the UK.

In general, the minimum bandwidth for IPTV streaming is 25Mbps for standard definition video and 30Mbps for high definition video. See more information on the subject here.

What IPTV service are you using?

1 hour ago, Jai Dee said:

It is probably your Internet Service Provider throttling international download speeds.

Check your download speed using testmy.net and select a download server in either the US or the UK.

In general, the minimum bandwidth for IPTV streaming is 25Mbps for standard definition video and 30Mbps for high definition video. See more information on the subject here.

Broadbandservicesiptv

My speeds are above what you have quoted.

I have 3 sections live tv, movies and series, movies and series are fine but live tv is virtually been unwatchable due to constant buffering, after complaining and being told its all my fault suddenly it has improved, recently they reported a major corruption of there service which had to be completely rebuilt, I'm guessing they found another problem., hopefully now fixed.

Testmy.net says download is 61 MBPS I'm paying for 1000 MBPS

Edited by Badrabbit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

It also depends on your android device, ie the box itself.

Many are only able to take 100 mbps despite your ISP supplying 1000.

Assume you are wired to your router with an ethernet cable -- you should have cat7 cable at the least. Many boxes are supplied with cat5 cables which are good for YouTube etc.

1 hour ago, fulhamster said:

It also depends on your android device, ie the box itself.

Many are only able to take 100 mbps despite your ISP supplying 1000.

Assume you are wired to your router with an ethernet cable -- you should have cat7 cable at the least. Many boxes are supplied with cat5 cables which are good for YouTube etc.

So how do you check what your device can take, also if buying a new device e.g. a smart tv  

4 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Broadbandservicesiptv

My speeds are above what you have quoted.

I have 3 sections live tv, movies and series, movies and series are fine but live tv is virtually been unwatchable due to constant buffering, after complaining and being told its all my fault suddenly it has improved, recently they reported a major corruption of there service which had to be completely rebuilt, I'm guessing they found another problem., hopefully now fixed.

I have the same problem , live TV buffers but movies OK . Also the speed check the same . Technicians at my place many times and speed test on their laptop always shows high download and upload . Not sure but someone told me if you are say watching a live footy game , there are many others streaming the same which dilutes the stream .

19 hours ago, superal said:

So how do you check what your device can take, also if buying a new device e.g. a smart tv  

In the specifications there should be an item showing internet -- most will show 100 mbps but the good ones have 1000

Not sure about smart tv, I use an android box

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fulhamster said:

In the specifications there should be an item showing internet -- most will show 100 mbps but the good ones have 1000

Not sure about smart tv, I use an android box

which android box do you use ? I have a h 96 pro but not sure on the internet spec if 1 gb or not 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, superal said:

which android box do you use ? I have a h 96 pro but not sure on the internet spec if 1 gb or not 

I had a H96 Pro, it is limited to 100 mbps. It's in the settings in "about"

Best option is the H96 Air PS3 which can take 1000mbps.

Be sure to get the PS3

• Thanks 1

If you’re talking about a pirate IPTV service, many of them are oversubscribed, in which case the freezing might just be because there isn’t enough bandwidth at the source.   If the problem is throttling by your ISP in Thailand, using a VPN might help.  The Ethernet on your Android box being limited to 100 Mbps is unlikely to be part of the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2022 at 11:45 AM, Jai Dee said:

Those estimates of the required bandwidth for SD and HD video sound way high, unless they are assuming that having average download speed of 30 Mbps that it sometimes would be dropping much lower than that.  And if the limitation was bandwidth on his end, shouldn't movies have just as much of a problem as live TV? 

If using Kodi, you can check to see the actual bandwidth being used in real-time using the keyboard shortcut Ctr-Shift-O while something is playing.  What I find with that is that with 1080p content ripped from a Blu-Ray and streamed from a NAS that the above mentioned 30 Mps is sometimes consumed but more typically there's quite a bit of compression has been applied and it will be closer to 10 Mbps on pirated MKV files; and much less than that when streaming from commercial sources.

Edited by suzannegoh
  • Like 1