400k seasoning

Hello

O visa based on father of child expires on June 9th. Looking to return to UK mid feb returning in May to Thailand. Will put the 400k in before I leave in Thai bank. Has to be seasoned for 2 months in Phuket. As long as the money is in the bank is there any issues with me returning after seasoning period. Basically do I have to be in country for seasoning period?

Also can I get 2nd single re entry permit on visa. Previously returned on single entry in December. They might sound like simple questions but just need to be sure. Thanks

apologies for jumping on post but if you transfer 40.000baht monthly as opposed to 400.000 can you use the 40.000 and take it down to say 2.000 baht then transfer another 40.000 baht in one month and do same each month. Will that satisfy immigration.

41 minutes ago, blueeyes said:

apologies for jumping on post but if you transfer 40.000baht monthly as opposed to 400.000 can you use the 40.000 and take it down to say 2.000 baht then transfer another 40.000 baht in one month and do same each month. Will that satisfy immigration.

You will need 12 months of transfers that are at least 40k baht from abroad. There is no requirement to keep any minimum amount in the account.

9 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Just make sure your covered for any annual/monthly charges from your bank like SMS charges, direct debit, or the like, so your money does not drop below the 400k. just saying.

Thanks for the warning. Yes will keep about 410k in to be on the safe side

9 hours ago, konaboy said:

Where can I find info on father child visa?

There are various threads on here about it

I know that you will have to go through the court to legalize you being the father. Your name on the birth certificate is not enough. Then get an single o visa from your country which you can then convert to a 12 month extension based on being the child’s parent. You will have to put 400k in your Thai bank which in my case has to be seasoned for 2 months before applying.

There is threads on this but if you can’t find them maybe start a new one and wait for one of the very helpful experts on this site to help you out

Edited by Stanvac
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Just make sure your covered for any annual/monthly charges from your bank like SMS charges, direct debit, or the like, so your money does not drop below the 400k. just saying.

This ^^^^^ 

Spot on.

And that also applies to a Bank account with the 800k money required for a Retirement Extension

Edited by MJCM

13 minutes ago, konaboy said:

stanvac

when can I use the 400,000?

It's advised to keep the 400k in bank during the under consideration period. 

After that you can use it as you wish. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The 400k needs to be seasoned for 2 months in my local immigrant office to gain an extension for 12 months based on being the father of Thai child. It might not be by the book but it is definitely the rule. 

I can tell you for sure that it's not. It may be that you read it somewhere in relation to applying based on marriage, seasoned it, and then went to apply, and if so they're unlikely to tell you that you *didn't* need to do that. . .

To illustrate the point, this is what I am doing in Chiang Rai division, Mae Sai office. Ordinarily I would apply based on my income. However, there was an 'i' not dotted on my tax forms (or a t not crossed, something like that) and the time needed to correct that would have meant I didn't have time to apply before expiry. So, the officer invited me to apply on the basis of supporting my Thai child. I pointed out that I had not seasoned any money, to which the officer explained 'never mind'. So, I assumed they were bending the rules, and I offered my thanks for that. . . but the officer explained that the rules weren't being bent, in fact that *IS* the rule i.e. the money doesn't need to be seasoned as I have Thai children.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly

I totally understand your situation at your immigration office but I tell you at mine they need it to be seasoned for 2 months. I have done it for the last 2 years. Yes I agree it is probably the law but that does not mean nothing when they insist on it. Just a warning to people not to be caught out and check with the local immigration they will use