Phuket Continues To Welcome Tourists Despite Rising Infections

snoop1130

6 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

I'm not hearing much about ko Samui, I wonder how life is there. 

but you post above said this topic to be about Phuket, why/what made you change to  worried about Samui  555

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

You're comparing apples to oranges, aint there strict rules for entry into places in Pattaya, ATK test before entering etc?

Phuket is supose to be restrcition free....sort of.

Strict rules and of course they are all following them, and everywhere check bin 11pm and all out, cashed up and shut by midnight. Trust me I was talking to someone tonight in a bar at 3 am. Problem in Thailand is they don't follow the rules, the police don't enforce them and the government knows this so they bring in across the board bans/restrictions/closures. It's like Bojo asking people to refrain from doing things, middle finger goes up. 

• Like 1

Phuket gets lots of Thais from the southern area on the weekends, so if you want to know

where some of the omicron variant, and likely some delta cases are coming from, think, local

perhaps, like, Surat Thani, for sure, and the  other towns and villages in the area as well.

Now in the high season, there are more international travelers in the mix, so I do not see

this Phuket Sand box area being such a great idea. COVID 19 has not gone away, and I certainly

would not want to catch any of the variants. Guess this is why I will be waiting until at least the

end of 2022 before deciding to travel anywhere far from where I live.

Cheers

• Like 2

.... and as of tonight (the 9th) all of the bars in Patong are closed, apart from a few hotels and a couple of places on Bangla that are presumably serving alcohol in paper takeaway cups behind the shutters. Even a cruise along Nanai was a waste of time as it is dead. This is worse than when I arrived in the beginning of October - at least then the "legal" hours were until 10pm!

Luckily I am based in Kamala and the news of the latest restrictions has not reached that far and so I rode back there for a few beers and, as usual, they were still serving when I left half an hour ago.