Hip joint started giving problems.

giddyup

I might start by mentioning that I turn 80 this year, so a bit of wear and tear is to be expected, but I woke up a week or so ago with a very painful left hip joint. After getting up and walking around  bit the pain pretty much disappears, but it's there every morning until I start to move around. I'm not rushing off to the hospital for X Rays at this stage, but I'm wondering if it's something like arthritis or osteoarthritis? I thought that kind of thing would be progressive, not just hit with a bang, but am looking for comments re natural remedies like Tumeric or the like, and if it gave good results.

If the pain is easing after you get up then it may not be serious. However it's worth checking out in hospital or a good clinic, just in case. A good doctor can tell you if you should have an x-ray to help his diagnosis, which is not expensive.

• Thanks 1

First of all, it can be very difficult to differentiate between hip pain and pain that is spinal in origin.

Pain from problems in the lower spine is sometimes felt around the hip area.

While arthritis of the hip is common, it would usually cause pain on walking and climbing stairs. Which does not seem to be what you describe.

For both spinal issues and hip problems, physical therapy is often helpful. But you really need to get a handle on what the problem is first. Which does mean seeing a doctor and getting at least X rays.

I doubt very much turmeric will do anything. The right sort of stretches may certainly help but for that you again need to know where the pain is coming from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Been sleeping on my side all my life, can't sleep on my back.

Its really really hard to change how one sleeps. I tried as my back was giving me trouble and its almost impossible. So i agree with you about it being hard (i did not succeed)

• Like 1

Yes, happened to me too.  Hit overnight.   It gets your attention doesn't it.  Feels like jagged glass shards in your affected joints.  Every movement is excruciatingly painful first thing in the morning.  Then dissipates throughout the day.

I used fresh squeezed lime juice from 2 limes daily and a shot of apple cider vinegar in the afternoon.  This took the pain from excruciating to uncomfortable first thing in the morning. Then as my joints limbered up during the day it became almost unnoticeable.  

In my situation, my cumulative decades of improper food intake led to this joint problem.  To correct it,  I reduced meat intake (especially chicken), gravies, sweets, and alcohol and replaced with more fruits, vegetables, salads, and distilled water.  Also got down to my university weight.

The result is no more joint pain for years and living normal.  

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 7:15 PM, Mark Nothing said:

Yes, happened to me too.  Hit overnight.   It gets your attention doesn't it.  Feels like jagged glass shards in your affected joints.  Every movement is excruciatingly painful first thing in the morning.  Then dissipates throughout the day.

I used fresh squeezed lime juice from 2 limes daily and a shot of apple cider vinegar in the afternoon.  This took the pain from excruciating to uncomfortable first thing in the morning. Then as my joints limbered up during the day it became almost unnoticeable.  

In my situation, my cumulative decades of improper food intake led to this joint problem.  To correct it,  I reduced meat intake (especially chicken), gravies, sweets, and alcohol and replaced with more fruits, vegetables, salads, and distilled water.  Also got down to my university weight.

The result is no more joint pain for years and living normal.  

Can I ask if you mean distilled water or filtered water.

Reason for asking is that I was always under the impression that distiiled water has a reputation for removing vitamins and minerals from your system, it's said it's not really a good idea.

Edited by overherebc