Test&go, who departed on 5/6th January?

ololosha

7 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Never paid much attention to those IATA regulations. Are they binding, and for whom? I'd have thought it's for the airlines to find out what the requirements are at destination.

Exactly, but mostly according to the timatic (iata) regulations airlines check if the passenger is actually allowed to enter the destination country (resulting if they will allow him board the aircraft or not)

So whatever official announcement comes out tomorrow, it could be wise to print it out in both English and Thai in order to have something to show at check-in? Even if the airline staff haven't read the announcement, chances are dozens of passengers will, depending of what kind of flight is your first flight. On the other hand, if you are the only one one bound for Thailand on a feeder flight, you're on your own.

But the nail-biting has got to stop somewhere! Otherwise we might as well start worrying about proper aircraft maintenance during this pandemic.

21 minutes ago, JackGats said:

So whatever official announcement comes out tomorrow, it could be wise to print it out in both English and Thai in order to have something to show at check-in? Even if the airline staff haven't read the announcement, chances are dozens of passengers will, depending of what kind of flight is your first flight. On the other hand, if you are the only one one bound for Thailand on a feeder flight, you're on your own.

But the nail-biting has got to stop somewhere! Otherwise we might as well start worrying about proper aircraft maintenance during this pandemic.

well... I'm going to get some official email from the embassy that test&go is still alive and my qr is valid for this and I'm allowed officially to enter the Kingdom

Don't know what to do else

The announcements have been made already (just after lunch, 6th, Thailand time). 

Existing Test & Go approvals can enter up until 15th Jan for Test & Go, after that date they can use their approvals for AQ in Bangkok, or Sandbox in Phuket. 

Those who applied for entry to Thailand since 22nd Dec and have approval and QR codes for Phuket Sandbox and Alternative quarantine can still travel. 

I very much doubt the Airlines can distinguish between Test & Go, Sandbox and Alternative Quarantine QR codes (other than it says that underneath them !).

IF you have a QR code you're in....  

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The announcements have been made already (just after lunch, 6th, Thailand time). 

Existing Test & Go approvals can enter up until 15th Jan for Test & Go, after that date they can use their approvals for AQ in Bangkok, or Sandbox in Phuket. 

Those who applied for entry to Thailand since 22nd Dec and have approval and QR codes for Phuket Sandbox and Alternative quarantine can still travel. 

I very much doubt the Airlines can distinguish between Test & Go, Sandbox and Alternative Quarantine QR codes (other than it says that underneath them !).

of course they can, it is written under the QR code with program is used to enter

And please use https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php , click on Thailand and all restrictions with the program name are there 

As well as please check this thread 

Edited by ololosha

14 minutes ago, ololosha said:
17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

of course they can, it is written under the QR code with program is used to enter

And please use https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php , click on Thailand and all restrictions with the program name are there 

As well as please check this thread 

Edited 11 minutes ago by ololosha

It seems you can’t read....    Highlighted in ‘red’ for you.... (in my quote).

Now.. moving on...  Your link to another thread outlines a different issue.... 

I’ll explain....  A lady had an Approved ‘Test & Go’ Thailand Pass, however the airline refused her boarding because they relied on IATA regulations in which’Test & Go’ is no longer included.

The IATA guidelines were incorrect and missing information, the airline wrongly refused to allow the lady to board the flight.

But... to avoid the issue.....    there is an option to apply for the Thailand Pass for Alternate Quarantine option.....    which the airline then won’t care about.