Bloomberg lists Hua Hin as a must visit destination in 2022

webfact

40 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That's a reason to avoid it. Who wants to be in a place full of "must visit destination"-tourists?

You come without worrying  would be like a lonely tourist with the advantage that they will give you good hotel discounts. LOL

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Bangkok’s answer to the Hamptons has been drawing retirees and wealthy weekenders to its wide beaches and golf courses for decades. Yet during the pandemic, nature-starved Bangkokians snapped up luxury condominiums and beach villas en masse in Hua Hin, noticeably lowering the area’s median age and increasing its cachet.

They are not living there, they are weekenders... which usually kills a destination of it's original charm.

• Like 1

I guess if they stay at the Marriott a family may enjoy it for a few days.

But, what is there really to do there that is so special?  Take Thai cooking lessons or take a bus tour way outside the city to see something interesting?

I find the place a total bore.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

They are not living there, they are weekenders... which usually kills a destination of it's original charm.

Indeed.  I doubt the author understands the meaning of cachet if he thinks a mass invasion of weekenders increases the cachet of what was a quiet peaceful little known seaside resort.  In 1975 it had cachet.

• Thanks 1

I have enjoyed my visits to both places, and when I was in Phuket

and stayed at Kata Beach area, I could swim a lot easier than I can

at Hua Hin. Only place I can swim in Hua Hin is in a pool, at the ocean, I can wade

up to my knees okay, as the waves are constant. Great place for wind surfing though.

Hua Hin being very close to Bangkok is why it is a popular weekend spot for

the fine people of Bangkok, to come and get out of the pollution for a couple of days.

4 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

popular weekend spot for the fine people of Bangkok, to come and get out of the pollution for a couple of days.

Simply enjoy less pollution for a couple of days. ????

• Like 1