Analysts Believe Thai Stock Market Will See Huge Influx in 2022

snoop1130

30 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Why are Thai banks attractive with all the bad press about lost money/poor service/corruption?

As always media reports tend to sensationalize and generalize. I haven't done my due diligence lately but my impression is that many banks are squeaky clean. It's also my impression that the government supports the banks in ways that are not completely out in the open. Just my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

This optimistic forecast is from someone high up in the Thai financial establishment. I'd prefer it to come from sources like Bloomerg, the Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, Seeking Alpha etc.

Undeniably, the Thai stock exchange has a lot of catching up to do compared to the US and even Europe.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JackGats said:

This optimistic forecast is from someone high up in the Thai financial establishment. I'd prefer it to come from sources like Bloomerg, the Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, Seeking Alpha etc.

Undeniably, the Thai stock exchange has a lot of catching up to do compared to the US and even Europe.

Over the last year my best investments in Thailand brought a better return than my investments in UK Europe and USA

26 minutes ago, wordchild said:

Maybe because their  shares are cheap?

If stocks are 'cheap', then there's probably a good reason for that. (But no, doesn't always work the other way round; if stocks are 'expensive', then not necessarily due to good reasons.)

Edited by StayinThailand2much

3 hours ago, Peter pop said:

Over the last year my best investments in Thailand brought a better return than my investments in UK Europe and USA.

Aren't we cheating a bit here?  Best investments somewhere should be compared with BEST investments somewhere else.

Joking aside, I fear my gains on my Thai stocks may come to nothing if the Baht weakens for good. On the other hand transfering euros will give me more Bahts. I no longer feel like increasing my stakes in TH though. No good owing too money in a country that locks me out half the year.