Fourth COVID vaccine shots to be administered to medics, people with chronic diseases

snoop1130

Vaccine-301121-768x500.jpg

Thailand’s Disease Control Department has proposed its vaccination plan for this year, which covers unvaccinated children over 12 and children from 5-12, as well as fourth shots for medical personnel and those suffering from chronic diseases.

Unvaccinated children over 12 can just walk in for vaccination, at hospitals designated by Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) in case of Bangkok and the communicable disease committees in other provinces, said Spokesman for the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin.

People who are not fully inoculated can also walk in for vaccination. Children between 5 and 12 can get vaccinated voluntarily and with consent from their parents.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/fourth-covid-vaccine-shots-to-be-administered-to-medics-people-with-chronic-diseases/

Logo-top-.png

Quite simply there is an unspoken acceptance by the health authorities that the Chinese junk that gazillions of people were forced to accept was as good as having an injection of water. So all these people, at huge extra cost to the taxpayer, are basically going back to square one and restarting with the vaccines that Anutin should have bought in the first place. And in 3 months time we will see these same people getting a 5th shot. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a question, does anyone know how many COVID vaccines are being given in China?

Anybody have friends or relatives in China who are saying how conditions in China are

today?  If a 4th booster is recommended when I qualify, I might be interested in getting it.

I do know that there are many, many people in Africa and some other countries are hoping

to get even their first or second vaccine. I wonder if any refugee camps in some countries

are getting COVID vaccinations? How about in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, are the people there

all getting their vaccines?      And some here on this forum are asking when does it end?

Be happy that you are not in a country where it is being asked, when does the vaccines start....

Hmmmm.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, brommers said:

Quite simply there is an unspoken acceptance by the health authorities that the Chinese junk that gazillions of people were forced to accept was as good as having an injection of water. So all these people, at huge extra cost to the taxpayer, are basically going back to square one and restarting with the vaccines that Anutin should have bought in the first place. And in 3 months time we will see these same people getting a 5th shot. 

Unspoken? I think that means you can't find data to that effect. The truth is that the Chinese vaccines provide strong protection against serious illness. Failure to acknowledge or even mention the effect against serious illness instead of merely neutralising infection is a serious deception by omission. We do know that none of the vaccines prevent infection. All of them protect against serious illness. Stop spreading misinformation and FUD.

"Mahamud said on Tuesday that although Omicron could evade antibodies and cause infection, evidence was emerging that the Covid-19 vaccines still protected against severe illness, hospitalisation and death."

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3162208/omicron-good-signs-sinopharm-and-sinovac-shots-fend-severe

"As with all the COVID-19 vaccines for which data are available, efficacy against the more severe outcomes is greater. Efficacy against hospitalisation for Sinovac in Chile, Brazil and Turkey was 85%, 100% and 100%, respectively."

https://theconversation.com/what-are-the-sinopharm-and-sinovac-vaccines-and-how-effective-are-they-two-experts-explain-162258

"However, experts stress that double vaccinated people will still retain some protection against severe disease because this is mediated by T cells and B cells rather than antibodies."

https://www.ft.com/content/afc1eecc-8b3d-4b98-8b65-3520862fb5da

Edited by ozimoron

When will the 2nd generation of Covid-19 vaccine, more able to tackle Omicron, be available here in Thailand? Without knowing the timeframe it is hard to make a personal decision on the necessity and benefits of a 4th Gen 1 booster.

On 1/7/2022 at 9:03 PM, djayz said:

4 shots!? When does this end?! 

I have 4,,,4,,,any advance on 4? going once, going twice,,,,sol....5, we have 5, thank you Mr Anutin...any advance on 5? C'mon folks this is a unique opportunity, I'll even take half bids at this stage.....do I hear 5,5?

Edited by Dumbfounded
  • Haha 1