Question re 800k for extension of retirement visa.

I assume that two separate saving accounts can be used to satisfy the 800k requirement for the retirement visa?  Primary savings account used for extensions in the past fell below 800K for a couple of days recently, but have another savings account which would cover that discrepancy.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tropicaldoc said:

Two separate banks.  Kbank and SCB bank.  Both just saving accounts with passbooks.

Personally I use two accounts, however same bank.

Of course you will require 2 bank letters etc.

Which immigration office do you deal with. 

7 minutes ago, tropicaldoc said:

Office used is Chaengwattana (Div.1).  "2 bank letters, etc." in addition would bank statements and copies of  saving books be useful too?

That's why I asked which imm office. Some offices insist upon statements.

CW does not. 

Also unless your with SCB you could obtain the bank letters and make small deposit into accounts. The banks are located on lower level CW. 

Photocopies of bank book pages from previous extension required.

Make sure you attend earlier enough prior to expiry of permit to obtain statements if for some reason required. 

Edited by DrJack54

5 minutes ago, tropicaldoc said:

Thank you for the timely replies.  I hope things will go well.

Should be fine.

Please report back with outcome.

It's not uncommon for someone to have a dedicated account for the 800k and due to error and falling below the 800k or later below the 400k, ask about using and additional bank account. 

This would not be required but if I was to do a multiple account application I would prepare a composite summary sheet of transactions.

In other words for each transaction on both accounts I would include a dated entry with the account composite balance. 

Then the IO could just eyeball that summary sheet to see you were in compliance for the entire year for balance levels.

If either account had a massive number of transactions that would be too much work though. Also if doing that it would be important for the sums to be accurate.