Meal delivery Bangkok

eboy

29 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not that I order much for delivery, but there's 4 phones between me & wife, 2 more if the kid is with us.  Think we can manage.  Actually, don't think I've ever ordered off their phone apps, but from my laptop.  I rarely use my phones for anything but GPS & camera.

And you can order for both Panda & Grab off laptop.

So I was correct about Google Lens and you maligned me wrongly? 

Edited by Speedhump

30 minutes ago, treetops said:

I use the app Tap To Translate Screen to translate "real time" without having to cut and paste or take a screenshot.  It runs on top of Grab or whichever app you're wanting to translate.

That sounds really useful, thanks. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, treetops said:

I use the app Tap To Translate Screen to translate "real time" without having to cut and paste or take a screenshot.  It runs on top of Grab or whichever app you're wanting to translate.

I'm using it now and it's great! Thanks again. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

So I was correct about Google Lens and you maligned me wrongly? 

Not wrongly, when I originally replied, didn't realize you were using phone to order.  Do you not have  laptop ?

Why I rarely access the internet on a phone, very limiting.  Actually don't know how people tolerate using phones for the internet.  Text size alone is too frustrating.  Add no keyboard or mouse...NO Thanks

47 minutes ago, treetops said:

Problem solved, that sounds handy for those on their phone. ????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not wrongly, when I originally replied, didn't realize you were using phone to order.  Do you not have  laptop ?

Why I rarely access the internet on a phone, very limiting.  Actually don't know how people tolerate using phones for the internet.  Text size alone is too frustrating.  Add no keyboard or mouse...NO Thanks

I don't travel with a laptop, no. I order food, hotel rooms , <deleted> from Lazada, submit medical insurance claims, etc. all on a smartphone. 

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

And you can order for both Panda & Grab off laptop.

Yep, I stand corrected about that as to Grab. It's probably the fact that the Grab website is virtually entirely in TH language, without an easy to use alternate EN version built-in, that made me mentally write them off and give my business elsewhere.

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

No, expats are people who retain citizenship of their home countries.

Immigrants are people who change their countries.

Maybe you should concentrate more on learning English.

Ever heard about changing the country you live in and still keep your citizenship. To me that means changing country. Thanks for the terminology, though.

On 1/12/2022 at 11:36 AM, Gottfrid said:

Call any taxi, and ask them to pick up your food at your place of choice. Pay´N Happy!

How does that work?  Do you stop a taxi, make him wait while you order your food and then send him off for it?   Or do you order your food first and then hope that you can find a taxi to agree to collect it for you?

On 1/12/2022 at 1:29 PM, Gottfrid said:

Sorry! Choosing to live in Thailand without speaking Thai is not an option in my book. I like to understand what people say where I live.

Which area do you live in that has so many accommodating taxi drivers that provide services that most people have never encountered before?  What do they charge you and how do you prevent them from just scoffing your food and your never seeing them again?

On 1/13/2022 at 5:59 AM, Gottfrid said:
On 1/12/2022 at 11:52 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Are you for real ????....... 

The Op is asking about food options and you are replying from the perspective of being a fluent Thai speaker.... 

Its a disappointing you couldn’t also a reply from the prospected proving something of relevance. 

No one phones up a random taxi to go and pick up their food !!!....   Not even you with your linguistic prowess... how could you possibly know which taxi is near your food vendor ???....  The idea is utterly preposterous. 

Note: Call ‘any taxi’ !!!!     Hilarious.... !!! ????

Expand  

Good for you that you are amused. That one´s for free. How do you know what I do and do not do?

What is hilarious, is that you are mentioning that it would be any special with me being a fluent Thai speaker (and writer, actually). That´s really hilarious! How would you feel to live in your home country and not know that language? Because, that´s what it is. Most people here are expats, which means they have changed their home country. Disregarding that fact is showing very low respect, not only to yourself but to the people in the country you chose to reside in.

What's that got to do with explaining how you get random taxi drivers to collect and deliver your food...and the process?

On 1/13/2022 at 1:25 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Here you go Speedhump......   this may help... 

But... if it really is a struggle, just go with foodpanda....    Some interfaces are very chaotic, Grab is fairly intuitive...

823360554_Screenshot2022-01-13at13_22_00.png.5182c754d587a151f9c427477dc25d04.png

You just showed him how to order an item on Grab, not how to get the Thai-language items into English using Lens so that we know what we're ordering.

On 1/12/2022 at 11:29 AM, Speedhump said:

Grab is only in Thai language, useless for me.

I find it easier to use on the computer rather than the phone, then I can use the auto translation software. Being on IOS (phone) I have not been able to get web translation to work well on my phone but on the computer its great.

3 hours ago, Whale said:

I find it easier to use on the computer rather than the phone, then I can use the auto translation software. Being on IOS (phone) I have not been able to get web translation to work well on my phone but on the computer its great.

Unfortunately I don't carry my computer everywhere I want to order food delivery.... 

Anyway, the Tap to Translate app that was recommended yesterday seems to translate live Web menu pages faultlessly. If you know how to set an app to display over other apps. 

On 1/14/2022 at 6:19 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Which area do you live in that has so many accommodating taxi drivers that provide services that most people have never encountered before?  What do they charge you and how do you prevent them from just scoffing your food and your never seeing them again?

We don´t have taxi where I live.

On 1/14/2022 at 6:14 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

How does that work?  Do you stop a taxi, make him wait while you order your food and then send him off for it?   Or do you order your food first and then hope that you can find a taxi to agree to collect it for you?

It doesn´t work, but I thought that was obvious.