Phuket immigration reaching out to sick foreigners to prevent spread of Omicron

webfact

2 hours ago, ThailandGuy said:

Doing what ?  Sending them to covid jails or what?  I saw yesterday this video and was really sad that this is happening in Thailand.  This can be true, but it is...  we are all the same people. There should be no difference in how we are treated.

I hope he doesn't have to pay for that!

Did he test positive on arrival?

• Like 1

Reaching out to help extract fees and fines or fast track to Covid gulag detention centres (aka hospitals). As many I know in Thailand are doing on positive ATK test, hunker down in self isolation on the QT and sit it out until you get the double negative at risk of pure butt hurt and financial ruin carted off to hospital.

• Confused 1

Wouldn't it be possible to automate that process to avoid all that hassle?

If a foreigner is tested positive, 30 days extra would automatically be given.

They have the positive test in some data system, so they just have to coordinate it with immigration?

• Like 1

How interesting the use of language is of ones thinking; e.g. "gulags" "prisons". Infectious disease require quarantine/isolation protocols and have since the discover of viruses and how they function which is about 100 odd years. How is it that isolating an infected person and closely monitoring their health with facilities at hand today be viewed as different to (e.g. HRN1, Ebola, Bubonic plague, or Spanish Flu, Tuberculosis) should their symptoms become acute a form of deprivation/punishment? Is it not to minimise the risk of the contagion, death, and or severe co-morbidity? But I guess if you have a different set of criteria when viewing a virus then such language would seem cogent and reasonable.

Edited by Tropposurfer
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ThailandGuy said:

Doing what ?  Sending them to covid jails or what?  I saw yesterday this video and was really sad that this is happening in Thailand.  This can be true, but it is...  we are all the same people. There should be no difference in how we are treated.

Your comment appears a tad hysterical and misinformed.

They are helping them extend their visas without the need to go to the Office!

"Immigration are going out to various places to help foreigners on the holiday island."

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ThailandGuy said:

I've shared that with friends back in the home country.
I think James put it succinctly as he as completely ignored by Thais dressed in Hazmat suits.  "I can't believe how they treat me!" 
Yep - you are a nobody, Farang. 
Welcome to Thailand, 'eh?

So they are reaching out now? .. nice one, but for the past two years the immigration service have hardly acknowledged the needs of western "customers" in this period - In my experience, the best I could have hoped for is sitting in a hot tent or car park waiting for your name to be called.

I have been to the land office on two occasions and they were had a well organized queuing system and enforced distancing rules in a fair and firm manner, in my current immigration office, it seems like nothing has happened apart from the chairs are spread apart and the officers sit behind plexiglass.

On 1/11/2022 at 7:44 AM, ThailandGuy said:

What a JERK!....This guy needs to assimilate and "Grow a Pair"!

I have been through much worse in a UAE police detention cell in Sharjah. The charge was drinking and driving and I was the passenger!

The Cell was 4m x 3m!....On the night we were arrested there were 27 people in the cell....We had to take it it turns to sleep as there was not enough space on the floor!

At one one point the number went up to 47!

We spent 9 days in the cell and got fined 4,000 Dirhams.....(That was in 1985) ...750 quid!

If you want to know more please DM me!....Kids today are Pussycats! :cheesy::cheesy:

Edited by Troy Tempest
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Troy Tempest said:

What a JERK!....This guy needs to assimilate and "Grow a Pair"!

I have been through much worse in a UAE police detention cell in Sharjah. The charge was drinking and driving and I was the passenger!

The Cell was 4m x 3m!....On the night we were arrested there were 27 people in the cell....We had to take it it turns to sleep as there was not enough space on the floor!

At one one point the number went up to 47!

We spent 9 days in the cell and got fined 4,000 Dirhams.....(That was in 1985) ...750 quid!

If you want to know more please DM me!....Kids today are Pussycats! :cheesy::cheesy:

You are right. Spoilt  white westerners with no experience  of life or travel. They think that having to queue up waiting for a vaccine is a personal insult and against their human  rights.

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2022 at 1:17 AM, dg1980 said:

what is the alternative? should we just trust that foreigners will stay put in the hotels and quarantine when they get sick at the expense of their holidays? 

I think we have all seen that would not happen.

Spesific quarantine hotels only for incoming travellers outside of the most crowdy tourist area, sponsored by the Government with half the cost, and the travelling person half.

Felt

• Like 1