Water Company....Arghhhhh

tonray

So occasionally the local water utility needs to turn off the  supply for work/improvements whatever...no real issue. But this is the second time in a month...and oh yeah...water off today from 10 Am to 4:30 PM....and the  notice was just dropped off at 8 AM today.....a little more warning would be appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

Have to ask , no water tank ? Usually we can go upto a week before its an issue.

Happy to say its very rarely "cut off " though.

YEah...we have tank...and that is a good point....I just don't like running without supply coming in a refilling....I'm sure I won't shower long enough to drain it (????)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bluejets said:

So what.....water is off for a few hours ...you poor fella.

I've been living there when water goes off for days at a time and one had to wash clothes with water from the local liber.

I just accepted it.

Good for you. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Have to ask , no water tank ? Usually we can go upto a week before its an issue.

Happy to say its very rarely "cut off " though.

we get water off a few times a month we have s large water tank no probs turn a valve pumps on no probs  would want to risk being here without a back up 

• Like 2

Water going off in BKK might be a rarity.

But for most of us who live anywhere but Bangkok, you get use to water mysteriously getting shut off for hours or days at a time.

Storage tanks are the only way to go, plus add a pump since if you ever expect water pressure to ever be more than a trickle, dream on! 

• Like 1

We always get a warning when the water is to go off which is often on a weekly basis. The warning is the pressure drops so you know it will soon be off.

I can go without a shower most days but the wife will have one outside from the concrete tanks filled with bore water. Cold at this time of the year.

18 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

OMG, how can anyone live in a house in Thailand without a water tank. 

No shower 

IMG_20220111_184912.jpg

Sponge bath, no problem. So you have never spent time confined to a  hospital bed.

Edited by GreasyFingers

30 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

Sponge bath, no problem. So you have never spent time confined to a  hospital bed.

OMG, I read in an earlier comment he's had water issues since 22nd December.

Funny thing is the human body is an amazing system, it can be condition with our efforts. 

Sadly I'm in my 50s now, conditioning my body to these extremes just doesn't happen anymore, those days are over.

I like to live my life these days with at least the bare essentials. 

_______--______

I thought it be a good idea to edit this comment, I really didn't realize so many of you don't have a water tank. 

Please consider getting a water tank, it will be difficult living in Thailand without one. 

I've lived up country for a week or so, washing from a big black plastic bucket, it's not an option long term. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1

Well we are happy to have a double system since we have 'government' water connection with a 1500 liter storage tank but still  have our bore as well witch we use for the garden but can use  for the house as well with a double system open and shut some valves and there is always water and if that fails we can pump from the fishpond  600 m3

Our water supply/system/district has been off for one day a week over the past few weeks & were notified today it will be again tomorrow....

TIT - it's pretty much how it is....We have a tank and it really hasn't been an issue since we installed the pump and tank....

We do have well water so my wife's garden will be attended to....

Want to see an angry Thai wife = accidentally step on one of my wife's plants....

When I first came to live here I was somewhat apposed to having a plastic dustbin full of water in the shower cubicle.

Not anymore! I soon discovered its virtues, so much so that when I designed our new bathroom extension I ensured that here was plenty of room for one and that we had a tap directly fed from the tank. We don't have a pump, but the tank is elevated enough to provide pressure to the tap so we always have water in the bathroom, plus another in the kitchen.

It's a bit basic but it works. I once lived in an old villa close to the beach in Goa, India. Water was hand drawn from the well and showering was by bucket! So I've no complaints about the current system.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Moonlover said:

When I first came to live here I was somewhat apposed to having a plastic dustbin full of water in the shower cubicle.

Not anymore! I soon discovered its virtues, so much so that when I designed our new bathroom extension I ensured that here was plenty of room for one and that we had a tap directly fed from the tank. We don't have a pump, but the tank is elevated enough to provide pressure to the tap so we always have water in the bathroom, plus another in the kitchen.

It's a bit basic but it works. I once lived in an old villa close to the beach in Goa, India. Water was hand drawn from the well and showering was by bucket! So I've no complaints about the current system.

The problem with an elevated tank is that most times the mains water pressure is too low to fill the tank.
In my housing estate we have many houses with water tanks at ground level, these tanks rarely fill. 
I have an underground tank, even when the water pressure is just a drip my tank fills overnight. 

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

The problem with an elevated tank is that most times the mains water pressure is too low to fill the tank.
In my housing estate we have many houses with water tanks at ground level, these tanks rarely fill. 
I have an underground tank, even when the water pressure is just a drip my tank fills overnight. 

So it acts as a reservoir...Is it a standard tank that has been buried? Or a cement cistern....

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

That may well be true in some areas. My wife's friend has her tank elevated (to the base) by around 20 feet and has never had that issue. We lived here for over 2 years with neither tank nor pump and from that experience I was able to assess that we would not have the problem you mentioned.

But it's good that you pointed it out for other's benefit.

• Like 1