Water Company....Arghhhhh

tonray

48 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

That may well be true in some areas. My wife's friend has her tank elevated (to the base) by around 20 feet and has never had that issue. We lived here for over 2 years with neither tank nor pump and from that experience I was able to assess that we would not have the problem you mentioned.

But it's good that you pointed it out for other's benefit.

A neighbor of mine bought a pump from lazada, he would fill a big bucket up from his outside tap and transfer the water to his above ground water tank using the pump 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 8:14 AM, CharlieH said:

Have to ask , no water tank ? Usually we can go upto a week before its an issue.

Happy to say its very rarely "cut off " though.

Yeah ive got 5000lt under ground tank.

Ive no idea if the water has ever been cut off !!

It's not the water being off that's the problem it's when the water comes back on along with sand that blocks and eventually causes leaking valves.

Note, I live in a small rented house, one of 3 and where the owner has his own house.    House is outside of a small town.
I use my own 5 litre water bottles filled at a friends water selling plant at a cost of 5 baht per bottle, delivery 32 bottles as and when req, so when water is off can use for drinking and shower (( if need be ).