Extension of stay based on Non-O (retirement) - How to fill in the "statement"

I'm preparing my documents to go for an extension of stay based on a Non-O visa (retirement/obtained in country).

When I went for my non-O at Chaeng Wattana, I asked them for a copy of the papers that I had to fill in.

So, there is the main TM7, but also 3 additional forms to fill in:

- an STM.2, which is an acknowledgement of the conditions of the extension;

- an acknowledgement of the penalties for an overstay;

- and a "statement". The statement basically states that Mr./Mrs. XXXX has come to immigration to testify that Mr./Mrs. XXXX is allowed to stay in TH until (date) and that I guarator that Mr./Mrs. XXXX is still living at (place) and wishes to apply for an extension. And finally "Therefore I have guaranteed him/her for considering the application in allowing Mr./Mrs. XXXX to stay temporary in the Kingdom"

This statement only makes sense for married couples or people with other family members, who are dependent on the "guarantor". Agreed?

As it happens I am here with my wife and I'll try to get her dependent on me for the extension.

So I will fill in  this statement to guarantee my wife's application.

I suppose she still has to fill out an TM7 and the first 2 additional forms?

But not this statement?

OP, for the "additional forms" that your referring to....I just sign them.

Don't think the io is too interested in them as long as you sign on the dotted line. 

BTW your extension is to be based on retirement. Your wife has nothing to do with it. 

Leave your lady at home..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tonray said:

Never saw or had to fill in the statement you refer to

It's been required at CW for at least the last several years, but all they seem to care about is that you sign and fill in anything at all - they don't read it or check the information.

The form is extremely confusing and really makes no sense at all. Perhaps it had a purpose at some point in the past - it seems to have been designed with the idea that a landlord or employer would fill it out, not the applicant - but at this point it's just a requirement for the sake of being a requirement.

• Thanks 1

you fill it out like this example

you are guaranteeing yourself, and that's why you put "self" on that one line.
AND you put the date your NEW extension (the one you're applying for NOW) will expire (so it'll be a 2023 date) 

statement example.jpg

• Thanks 1

At Chaengwattana, they hand you the statement one, the overstay rules, the seasoning terms of the funds, and the STM2 form saying IF the fail to meet the terms of your extension you lose it.
They really just have you write the date, your name and sign them
BUT
I got copies from them a long while ago and just have people fill them out BEFORE we get there. 
Also at Chaengwattana they have you hold up the seasoning requirement paper and take your photo with you holding it. <- That is so you can't say you didn't KNOW the seasoning requirements next year. 

Oh Yes, the IO is very interested for us to fill these additional  forms; I just did my Extension las week in CW check the attachment of the additional forms and samples how to fill them up, including the Covid 19 Screening form to be show at the Security check point at the entrance, hopefully I can help you  with this information, take care, stay safe and Happy, healthy and properous 2022 to you and your family. 

Covid 19 Screening Form.jpg

Acknowledge of Penalties.jpg

Covid 19 Screening Form.jpg

IMG_20220112_0002.jpg

STM 2.jpg

STM 3.jpg

471867877_2RetExtenStatement3.pdf 999020867_2RetExtenOverstayPenaltiesForm.pdf 1537264707_2RetExtenReqsfromImm2020version.pdf 1790598725_2RetExtenStatement2.pdf

• Thanks 1