Didn't think LEAVING Thailand would be difficult.... should have known

1 hour ago, OneeyedJohn said:

I don't have a vaccination certificate, I have a little yellow booklet.

You should have both.  You had to have the certificate to get the yellow book.  I think of the yellow book for use for domestic travel and the actual certificate as proof for international travel.  Heading to the US early tomorrow.  Will post what the airline (JAL) wants to see.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've stapled my vaccination cert. in the back of my passport.

I have the yellow book  in mine but importantly as an anti fake strategy I have the whole paper trail from my first appointment,  SMS message print out  2nd appointment, first certificate,  yellow book certificate  and print outs of mor prom pages. People with the 6k forgery certs  can't produce  the same paper trail

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

You should have both.  You had to have the certificate to get the yellow book.  I think of the yellow book for use for domestic travel and the actual certificate as proof for international travel.  Heading to the US early tomorrow.  Will post what the airline (JAL) wants to see.

They should tattoo use with a bar code on our arm then they will know what to do with each of us & whether we have use.

Has any country tried that before I wonder?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

I don't have a vaccination certificate, I have a little yellow booklet.

My wife and I both have this - and it's not accepted in Switzerland to get into bars, restaurants & the like. Only the "offical" phone app would do - which SWISS Airlines should have had too.

I work for Delta, and try to be patient with the airline employees.

It's torture with the ever changing requirements. I've had international passengers to the same destination have the requirements change within hours, causing totally chaos.

My worst was yesterday.

I was checking in two passengers to St Lucia. It was baffling confusing. After 2 hours on the phone with our help desk, them desperately trying to copy documents and upload them we finally got it done, but only after they had missed their original flight and had to be rebooked.

For them at least I managed to get them to Atlanta in time to get their original flight to St Lucia, but not a good use of anyone's time or stress level.

So please don't take out all your anger on the airline staff, we're just trying our best to interpret the rules so you don't get denied entry to wherever it is you're going

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

So please don't take out all your anger on the airline staff

I used to work for an airline as well. The trouble is with SWISS Airlines not giving their employees (or agents in this case probably) the correct information. The check-in crowd were patient with me and as I say I ended up monopolising the desk for an hour Nad I get to where I wanted to be.

On 1/12/2022 at 7:31 AM, DrPhibes said:

Reporting back as promised.  JAL. Wants you to use an app called Verify to upload all the necessary info (which included the hospital certificate AND an attestation to no COVID the US wants you to have printed out and signed) before you get to the airport to leave.  Worked perfect, no one asked for paperwork once I showed the approved Verify pass on my phone  If going to LAX, there is a quick survey you must fill out online before you arrive, QR code JAL gives you takes you to it.  I literally walked through immigration at LAX armed with just my passport and Verify.  Only negative thing is jet lag kicking my booty, never had it this bad.