COVID Insurance Arranged for Visitors upon Arrival

webfact

1 hour ago, charmonman said:

As is typical, this article raises more questions than it answers. As previous posters have mentioned, covid-19 insurance is a condition of receiving a Thailand Pass. Without a Thailand Pass you can't even board a plane to go to Thailand. So how the heck are people arriving in Thailand without already having covid-19 insurance? It seems this is a question that should have been addressed in this article.

I am constantly amazed by the sheer amount of shoddy journalism out there.

From what I have understood it's meant to remediate policies that are insufficient, or exclude Covid, so these people don't have to go back. But, of course there's plenty of space for abuse. 

• Like 1

From the piece  yesterday, I thought this money was for some vague notion of promoting tourism, and some mention about health expenses, probably to reimburse hospitals that didn’t get paid by foreign  patients, not to actually indemnify people for their hospital bills

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Perhaps since so many have been incarcerated for 10 days in an expensive hospital upon arrival without testing positive or having Covid, normal insurance won't pay the extremely high bill, as they could not present documentation of any infection. 

Such was the case of my friend from the UK on Dec 25, and he refused to pay for his wretched detainment.

This would allow them to reap even more profits from the scam.

So was you're friend deported or allowed to enter?

...Wouldn't it make more sense to buy the necessary insurance when you buy your Visa in your country, or whichever country you get your Visa; or provide acceptable documentation of existing insurance.

If you are returning on an existing Visa then provide proof of insurance. Beats camping on the floor of the Arrivals until you have been accepted. (I can't imagine Insurance Agents/Reps being allowed to go 'Air-side').

• Like 1
  • Confused 1