Resubmitting TM30 for same permanent address

(1) AFAIK once TM30 has been submitted for my permanent residence, it remains valid and does not need to be resubmitted after traveling in Thailand or abroad upon returning to my home. The TM30 form contains passport number and visa type, but not the visa number. Do I correctly interpret that a new TM30 form must be submitted if I get a new passport, but not when I get a new visa of the same type in the same passport?

(2) Owner or possessor can submit the TM30 form. I have a 30 year lease registered in the Chanote. Does this make me a possessor or just a tenant?

Edited by Klonko
Tipoe

When I took my new passport in for immigration to transfer the stamps from my old one, they did all the stamps and handed the passports back to me. I asked "What about the TM30?". They just took the old one and stapled it, unamended, into my new passport - so it still has the old passport number on it, but that number is recorded in the new passport.

A few years ago I was fined for not submitting a TM30 after returning (to the same home address) from a few days abroad with re-entry permit on non-O. On my retirement extension they dropped the requirement to submit another TM30 a couple of years ago but this year they have re-instated it. I've been at the same address all that time. Makes no sense but you may want to play safe and submit the TM30.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 1DegreeN said:

A few years ago I was fined for not submitting a TM30 after returning (to the same home address) from a few days abroad with re-entry permit on non-O. On my retirement extension they dropped the requirement to submit another TM30 a couple of years ago but this year they have re-instated it. I've been at the same address all that time. Makes no sense but you may want to play safe and submit the TM30.

Which immigration office.

The rules regarding requirements for TM30 were changed June last year. Edit: not last year but 2020 as per uj correction below. 

This link from ubonjoe.

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=689586

Edited by DrJack54

Having recently moved and gone through this, it takes EIGHT separate things to change your address. Show your passport, copy of photo page, copy of visa, copy of TM6, show original lease, copy of lease, copy of owners blue book, TM28, TM30.

Ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

1. You only need submit a new TM30 report if you change addresses or enter the country with a new visa.

Getting a new passport does not require a new one.

2. Possessor 

I am the owner of my condo and have the same address since many years, last Nov returning from a trip abroad Chiang Mai Imm insisted that I file a TM30. Also, I haven't changed passport or type of visa in many years although the extension is of course renewed every year.

Edited by arithai12

6 hours ago, Pinot said:

Having recently moved and gone through this, it takes EIGHT separate things to change your address. Show your passport, copy of photo page, copy of visa, copy of TM6, show original lease, copy of lease, copy of owners blue book, TM28, TM30.

Ridiculous.

I didn't do anything at all. My landlord created a document TM30? on line took it to the IO and gave me a copy...I guess it differs from place to place.

8 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I didn't do anything at all. My landlord created a document TM30? on line took it to the IO and gave me a copy...I guess it differs from place to place.

I would contact Immigration. You need to have a stamped document from Immigration. What I think you have is just a doc saying you're staying at a place he owns. My new landlord gave me that as well but you need to have a receipt of notification of your address in your passport. You'll need to bring all the <deleted> I listed above to Immigration to get that. 

59 minutes ago, Pinot said:

I would contact Immigration. You need to have a stamped document from Immigration. What I think you have is just a doc saying you're staying at a place he owns. My new landlord gave me that as well but you need to have a receipt of notification of your address in your passport. You'll need to bring all the <deleted> I listed above to Immigration to get that. 

Thank you. Well I'm referring to events of several  years ago and I go to IO every 90 days. After moving in 6 years ago I took my TM30 to the IO when I did my 90 day report and a slip of paper was put in my passport. That slip is the receipt of notification I guess.

• 1 year later...

does one have to do a TM30 on changing address within Thailand ?

Say you arrive for a few weeks in a big hotel (who obviously will inform immigration online)  then move to another province in a private house ? does one need to re inform immigration ? Thank you, .

6 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

does one have to do a TM30 on changing address within Thailand ?

Say you arrive for a few weeks in a big hotel (who obviously will inform immigration online)  then move to another province in a private house ? does one need to re inform immigration ? Thank you, .

Depends on you status in Thailand also if you intend to have dealings with immigration..

You entered Thailand few weeks ago on what? 

Reentry permit, visa exempt, tourist visa etc

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Depends on you status in Thailand also if you intend to have dealings with immigration..

You entered Thailand few weeks ago on what? 

Reentry permit, visa exempt, tourist visa etc

On O visa 90d.  with first stay in a hotel in Bangkok for a week.  Then move to another hotel in Phuket for a few wks  and after move into a private house in Phuket. So my question was mainly for Phuket, must I or the house owner, file a TM30 when moving into the private place after the hotel ? 

Because in Phuket will be asking for a certificate of residence for different formalities. Thank you.

Edited by observer90210

19 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Because in Phuket will be asking for a certificate of residence for different formalities. Thank you.

Ok so entered on a non O .

Do you plan to apply for a 12 month extension?

If Yes then you will need to provide a TM30 for your extension for current address in Phuket. 

Edited by DrJack54

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Ok so entered on a non O .

Do you plan to apply for a 12 month extension?

If Yes then you will need to provide a TM30 for your extension for current address in Phuket. 

Nope sir, will leave after 87 days and not be back before another year. Only need to ask immigration for a residence certificate.

1 minute ago, observer90210 said:

Nope sir, will leave after 87 days and not be back before another year. Only need to ask immigration for a residence certificate.

We are getting to the bottom of things.

If you did not need the certificate of residence then you would do nothing.

However as you need to attend immigration for your cor you need to file a TM30.

Out of interest is the COR for bank a/c, TDL or ..…? 

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

We are getting to the bottom of things.

If you did not need the certificate of residence then you would do nothing.

However as you need to attend immigration for your cor you need to file a TM30.

Out of interest is the COR for bank a/c, TDL or ..…? 

Mainly for TDL because banks apparently don't make all that a fuss if there is somebody who has a contact...