Rooster’s Special Theory of Positivity! You don't need to be Einstein to know Thailand’s the best!

webfact

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Why do people feels compel to write long, long, long post just to prove a point and to relay a message,

Whether he actually ever said/wrote it or not, Mark Twain is attributed with :

I did not have time to write to you a one page letter, so I wrote a two page letter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, topt said:

Actually no. If you are not working you probably have more than enough time...... 

Your choice how you spend your time so surprised you bothered to read it at all.

Others, including me, found it at least vaguely amusing :smile:

The other interpretation is one of attention span.

I can watch a one-hour TV series. I've given up on most full-length films, too long.

22 minutes ago, BusyB said:

"Surely the next election will see Prayut’s welcome reelection - it is after all called a General Election so precisely what it says on the tin."

Priceless!

My GF does not understand why I crack up, when she starts talking about elections.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

IMO the only time I have negative thoughts about Thailand is about two weeks before November 3, when I am applying for my retirement extension. I can't help thinking my application in perfect order will be rejected by an IO with an upset stomach.

I used to skip and dance out of immigration with my new extension years ago. This year, there was no room due to the queues... had to drag my behind to the bank, then an agents!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I used to skip and dance out of immigration with my new extension years ago. This year, there was no room due to the queues... had to drag my behind to the bank, then an agents!

I have to say Chiang Rai is a lot easier than Chiang Mai in terms of Immigration. Even with an agent, CM was more than an hour. Last extension in CR was 20 minutes.

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

Why do people feels compel to write long, long, long post just to prove a point and to relay a message, we're all too old to sit a read anything more than 2-3 min. post, and as for Thailand being the best place to retire, let me clue ya here rooster mate, the shine on that trophy is already wearing thin and it has been so for a while now...

Mate ... you need help ! 

• Haha 1

Enjoyed the post Rooster... 

Wednesday after a man was locked up for possessing camphor not heroin... reminded me

of.....

A man arrested in Florida after police mistook doughnut glaze in his car for meth has received a $37,500 settlement.

at least he didn’t get ticketed for eating Po Po donuts...

Edited by DJ54
Spelling

Despite now being back in the US if was a nice read. I at first from the title thought you went crazy but while reading the title all made sense. Yes despite being moved back to the US i still have some friends back in thailand and my wife. So its still nice to be kept up to date on whats happening there and to be able to read for myself vs having to rely on my wife to tell me. As thats not a reliable source. It also helps to give things to talk about as well. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

After all you don’t need to be Einstein to know that Thailand really is the best place to be, pandemic or no pandemic.

Not Einstein, but once use your common sense. Thailand definetely did not the best to conquer covid by buying that useless stuff from China instead from Moderna or Biontech/Pfizer, maybe imported Astra.

Fooling their citizens about the pandemic is a shame.

• Thanks 1