Pattaya police raid South Pattaya nightclub with help of locksmith allegedly secretly open and breaking Covid-19 rules, dozens of people detained

webfact

1642292242571-1-768x432.jpg

By Adam Judd

Pattaya, Thailand - Pattaya police continued what have become daily raids across the city and Banglamung designed to enforce strict new rules in place that Pattaya City officials say are meant to help stop the spread of Covid-19.

Currently, bars, nightlife, and entertainment venues have been legally closed since April of 2021 due to Covid-19. However, these venues have recently been given permission by the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, in Bangkok to legally become converted restaurants temporarily.

This change, however, requires them to be shut firmly by 9:00 PM, go through a certification process, and change their appearance and overall setting to meet strict new Covid rules. They are also supposed to check customers with rapid antigen Covid19 tests before entry.

At just before midnight yesterday, January 15th, 2022, Pattaya Police led by Pol.Maj. Gen. Kongpol Techakamphu, received a tip from a concerned citizen that the Box 69 Club in South Pattaya near the Soi Bongkot area was secretly operating as a nightclub and breaking Covid-19 rules set by the CCSA and the Chonburi Communicable Disease Committee.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/16/pattaya-police-raid-south-pattaya-nightclub-with-help-of-locksmith-allegedly-secretly-open-and-breaking-covid-19-rules-dozens-of-people-detained/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-01-15

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rtco said:

'm waiting for China's Zero Covid Policy to be decimated soon. I also believe the UK are going to lift all restrictions on 26th January. Let us just get on with our lives 

Just seen a commentary on that.... either China will have omicron tear through it, or they isolate so much people will be starving! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I'm OK with the policing. 

If you don't like the laws you are free to leave. 

My house is not far from Bongkot. 

Some of these bars are often open to the early mornings. Drunken idiots making noise, driving their vehicles drunk, at times you get the very load big bike going at speed through these narrow streets. Lots of people sleeping. 

Yes these laws are affecting the pimps/bar owners, too bloody bad. 

I like to live in a safe place with my family. 

Move. 

'once police gained entry with the assistance of a local locksmith they found dozens of people inside drinking, socializing, and allegedly breaking Covid-19 rules like not wearing masks or social distancing.'  Surely the customers were alerted that the wolf was at the door giving them time to don masks; move apart & replace beer with a bottle of water?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Venom said:
5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Some of these bars are often open to the early mornings. Drunken idiots making noise, driving their vehicles drunk, at times you get the very load big bike going at speed through these narrow streets. Lots of people sleeping. 

Move. 

Child like comment

If you're going to reply to my comments
1. Put your glasses on
2. Read the article
3. Read my comment
If you still don't understand, ask questions.

I'm quite happy living here, the cops doing a good job.

If you're a bar owner I reckon it's time for you to move. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, asiasurfer said:

So bored of this "Restaurant" converting bs. It's all complete nonsense. Maybe they don't get it yet that people are bored of all this Covid nonsense. Just open fully or leave everything shut. 

This raid had nothing to do with 'restaurant' but being open beyond 9pm. But I get what you're saying. It's all about control, like many other 'rules' in Thailand that serve no other purpose.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Child like comment

If you're going to reply to my comments
1. Put your glasses on
2. Read the article
3. Read my comment
If you still don't understand, ask questions.

I'm quite happy living here, the cops doing a good job.

If you're a bar owner I reckon it's time for you to move. 

I did. ????

However I'm not a bar owner, I just got bored complaining. Life's to short. 

12 hours ago, webfact said:

received a tip from a concerned citizen

For reference:-

The government is now encouraging people to help report activities deemed to violate the government’s rules and regulations to curb the spread of Covid-19 by calling the national hotline at 1111. 

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/hotline-set-up-for-reports-on-alleged-covid-19-measure-violations

10 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Oh dear, and soon the restrictions will be gone.

And all the tourists will be back

And all the bars and clubs will be open.

And everybody will get their noisy jobs back.

Did you choose Pattaya "off plan"?

Edited by Enoon
  • Haha 2

On 1/16/2022 at 10:47 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Are you the same guy who decided to live near an airport and went on complaining about airplane noise?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ExpatDraco said:

Are you the same guy who decided to live near an airport and went on complaining about airplane noise?

You just trying to wind me up with this rediculous comment? 

I've been living here (same place) for 20 years, long before the <deleted> moved in. 

6 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You just trying to wind me up with this rediculous comment? 

I've been living here (same place) for 20 years, long before the <deleted> moved in. 

Well the thing is... TiT. I would probably never buy something in or near Pattaya or stay at a place where I can't move out reasonably fast because of things like that.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 4:47 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Who was there first? You are the bars?

1 minute ago, ExpatDraco said:

Well the thing is... TiT. I would probably never buy something in or near Pattaya or stay at a place where I can't move out reasonably fast because of things like that.

Like I said, I have nothing negative to say, the police are doing a great job, keep up the good work. I love living here, no complaints. 

Read the article and my comments before making annoying replies.