Phuket Quarantine Hotel Question

machesta

I assume you are referring to the Sandbox program where you are fully vaccinated and have booked your SHA+ hotel for 7 nights? If that's the case you are required to go directly from Phuket airport and remain in your room until the PCR test comes back as negative. When I arrived at 6:30 am on Saturday, my report was back at 1 PM. After that, you are able to go anywhere within the island of Phuket. You must have your MorChana QR scanned once each day by the hotel. 

• Like 2

If in the unlikely event you are actually talking about ASQ quarantine, which should not be confused with Phuket Sandbox, then yes you are confined to your hotel room for the entire quarantine period.  It is unusual to do ASQ quarantine in Phuket and is rather expensive.  If you cannot do the Phuket Sandbox (say, if you are not vaccinated) then ASQ quarantine in Bangkok is probably a better deal.

3 minutes ago, machesta said:

Thank you for the information. I will be flying in from Mexico with a re-entry permit. Un vaxed. I heard that some hotels have a gym and/or restaurants where you are permitted to go within the premises.

As you are entering unvaccinated you are not entering Sandbox, but into 10 day Alternative Quarantine (which of course you know).....   The regulations are that the guest remains in their room.

However, there was ‘one thread’ recently whereby a ‘Test & Go’ guest was informed by a member of the hotel staff that all guests, including AQ guest were permitted freedom to roam the hotel. 

I wonder if this was not a communication error or if the staff member misunderstood the rules - the Op in that specific threat rejected this possibility - there was no way what someone has told him could be incorrect !!! 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1246706-when-is-asq-not-asq/