Brand name for socket sets in box stores

EVENKEEL

So, looking around for tools I see 3/8" sockets and ratchets aren't the norm. So, any info on stores specializing in tools in the Pattaya Area. I wouldn't mind paying more for a tool not made in China. Just looking for a socket set, wrenches and pliers. I'm more of a brick store fan than an online fan.

Think you will find all wrench and extensions connections are imperial, sockets are metric, but you can get imperial sockets, I had both in the UK.. 

I have had cheap socket sets here in LOS for years, they still do the odd job when required...

• Like 2

Just got back from a tool store in Rayong I've been eyeballing but never entered until today. I was in tool heaven. USA made 1/2" socket and ratchet set was pricey at over 4K, didn't see the brand. Picked up a Stanley brand 23 piece 1/2" set for 2700 tbh. Pretty funny that Taiwan tools are several steps up from China tools. 

9 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Just got back from a tool store in Rayong I've been eyeballing but never entered until today. I was in tool heaven. USA made 1/2" socket and ratchet set was pricey at over 4K, didn't see the brand. Picked up a Stanley brand 23 piece 1/2" set for 2700 tbh. Pretty funny that Taiwan tools are several steps up from China tools. 

You did want a high quality set I guess - I would have gone with this 600 baht 24 piece Chinese set for occasional use (but suspect if you use a bit will be worth the investment).

https://shopee.co.th/Euro-King-tools-เครื่องมือช่าง-1-2-(4หุน)-SOCKET-SET-(24ตัว-ชุด)-มาตรฐานเยอรมัน-i.201102070.7208739692?sp_atk=ab067e6c-af82-4d3a-8031-4be51f403047

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You did want a high quality set I guess - I would have gone with this 600 baht 24 piece Chinese set for occasional use (but suspect if you use a bit will be worth the investment).

https://shopee.co.th/Euro-King-tools-เครื่องมือช่าง-1-2-(4หุน)-SOCKET-SET-(24ตัว-ชุด)-มาตรฐานเยอรมัน-i.201102070.7208739692?sp_atk=ab067e6c-af82-4d3a-8031-4be51f403047

The shopee brand probably would have served me just as well. I just like holding the purchase in my hands before I buy plus I'm tired of buying cheap and having it give me problems.