Documents needed at CW for "retirement" extension visa renewal

In a week I am scheduled to go to CW Immigration for renewal of my 1 year extension  visa renewal ( 'O' retirement), 800k in bank. Also apply re-entry permit.

May I ask is the documentation needed same as a year ago?

Copies of (with  originals as appropriate ) of passport, bank book, bank letter, map of residence, 90 day report, lease, etc

Anything else?

Many thx for your input.

Same as last year.

As you are aware the banks (apart from SCB) are located at CW and I suggest obtaining bank letter on day of application and making small deposit into the account followed by bank obtaining bank letter. Ask the clerk to photocopy this last page. 

Note that the appointment system is now available at CW and it works really well if you choose to use it. 

• Thanks 1

Completed TM application forms with your photo attached for both the retirement extension and re-entry permit.

And then for the retirement extension, filling out and signing four single page misc. forms that Immigration wants as part of your application.

PDF copies of those forms are included/linked in my post above, which includes a complete list of the usual and sometimes documents requested.

The IO you get may or may not want a copy of your most recent TM30 form. YMMV on that, based on various member reports here. But if you have one, best to bring along a copy just in case.

• Thanks 1

OP, I stated this above.....

"Note that the appointment system is now available at CW and it works really well if you choose to use it".

Note @mtls2005 has posted link for appointment above. 

Just note that when you use appointment you receive a confirmation email.

when I previously did this you were required to have hard copy print out of this email (that may have changed).

I would like to give my special thanks to TallGuyJohninBKK for giving a very helpful and detailed account of the necessary documents. Since my last renewal I have changed my address and whilst I have a copy of the confirmation of my new address from Immigration(via my Landlord) I have just today asked him for a copy of the TM 30 notification receipt.

Also I have copied those other 4 forms which I can fill in and sign now before I go to immigration next week, as I hope it alleviates the hassle.

Thx also to Dr Jack54 and mtls2005.

I have made an appointment on Line and the confirmation e mail says says I should go to Counter 1.

Is that the same counter where they give out queue numbers?

I read elsewhere on this forum there is some debate about a recent Covid test being needed before being admitted  to immigration at CW, but may I assume its just filling in a form and not a recent test result that is required?

Edited by homeseeker
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, homeseeker said:

I read elsewhere on this forum there is some debate about a recent Covid test being needed before being admitted  to immigration at CW, but may I assume its just filling in a form and not a recent test result that is required?

As best as I could decipher the dueling info posts on that issue, it appears that all that's required to enter the BKK CW complex these days as guest (as opposed to employees working there) is the filling out of the info/survey form that's available outside the front entrance.

3 hours ago, homeseeker said:

Also I have copied those other 4 forms which I can fill in and sign now before I go to immigration next week, as I hope it alleviates the hassle.

I think that's a good plan, and that's what I do now...

The last time I had an retirement extension scheduled appointment at BKK CW was back in 2019 under the prior appointments system before it stopped functioning.

On that visit, I didn't have those misc forms pre-filled out, and the IO handling appointments that day seemed pretty chuffed at me for taking up her valuable time (2-3 mins) filling out those BS forms at her desk....  ????

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think that's a good plan, and that's what I do now...

The last time I had an retirement extension scheduled appointment at BKK CW was back in 2019 under the prior appointments system before it stopped functioning.

On that visit, I didn't have those misc forms pre-filled out, and the IO handling appointments that day seemed pretty chuffed at me for taking up her valuable time (2-3 mins) filling out those BS forms at her desk....  ????

TallGuy, thanks for those four forms, but how did you fill out this one:
471867877_2RetExtenStatement3.pdf
It appears to be an affidavit signed by a third party that they are your guarantor of where you are living.  What portions did you fill out?  Or did the IO just have you sign the blank form at the bottom?

5 minutes ago, mojaco said:

TallGuy, thanks for those four forms, but how did you fill out this one:
471867877_2RetExtenStatement3.pdf
It appears to be an affidavit signed by a third party that they are your guarantor of where you are living.  What portions did you fill out?  Or did the IO just have you sign the blank form at the bottom?

I didn't fill out the forms at CW.

I just signed them.

io seemed to have no interest in them.

Read similar reports to my experience.

If it needs to be filled in just act dumb. Always works. 

9 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

I am planning to arrive in Thailand on a visa waiver, and then apply for the O retirement visa.

I will be living with my girlfriend in Bangkok and will not be renting my own apartment.

Do i still need to provide a lease of some sort?

Your girlfriend  can write a statement that you are living with her and proof she in the owner or the possessor of the residence where you are staying.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your girlfriend  can write a statement that you are living with her and proof she in the owner or the possessor of the residence where you are staying.

Meaning that he doesn't need to fill in a TM30?.

I assumed he would. 

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

She would need to do one but he was only asking about a rental agreement.

Fair enough but his plan is to obtain a non O.

Just curious as to exactly what he will require to provide to immigration.

I assumed it would be a TM30 filed by himself or by gf..

I update this list after every significant trip report here to CW for ext stay/ret/inc.

(This is not "MY" list, rather it's a list of everything mentioned by others as being asked for at some point.)

TM7 checklist
Appointment print out
TM7 form + photo 2 sided
Three extra forms: Statement/Affidavit, Overstay, STM2
Passport copies all pages, Non—Imm O OLD and NEW: transfer of stamps 
Old Passport Copies
New Passport copies
Bank ownership letter day of/up to 7 days before OK – ACTIVITY, account, name, amount
Bank letter: Summary of twelve (12) QFTs
FTT/CARs: Twelve (12) months
Bank book copies old and current book
Original bankbooks
Update bankbook day of with B/F - copy
Lease: term runs longer than the applied for ext stay + ~ 3 months)
Blue book signed by landlord
Landlord Thai ID card – lined through twice, "for Immigration" signed
TM30 filing (TM30 paper backup)
Photo_ House, self, number and name visible
Hand-drawn map + Google maps Streetview lon-lat
TM6 copies
90-day report (receipt)
1,900 baht

Edited by mtls2005

My experience at CW extension retirement.......

Attended CW Tues 2nd November for 12 month extension to non O based on retirement.

Everyone has their own plan. 

I arrived 11.30am prior to 12pm closure for lunch in order to obtain que #. L92. (at lunch break they were at L74

Then went downstairs to bank for letter. 

I make deposit and ask lady to photocopy that last page showing activity (deposit) 

Lunch break....back in 1pm.

Finished out the door 2.30pm.

I provided:

1. Bank letter and photocopies bankbook pages.

2. Photocopies of required pages from passport and TM6 (well covered in many threads.

3. Map of my condo location (not hand drawn)

4. Copy first page of lease. (not looked at and I doubt if was required).

NOT required:

1. I did not provide a TM30.

2. I had original of my last 90 report and she started typing info from it into computer as it was 3 days past due date.

I pointed out that I had posted (mail) for current 90 report already. She stopped and pushed the report receipt back to me.

90 report not required.

Only photocopies of bank pages required not statements. 

Note only one set of copies provided. 

Absolute walk in the park. As usual imm officer pleasant.

Edited November 2, 2021 by DrJack54 

Some added notes.

Did not provide any previous bb. Just photocopies from previous extension.

Did not provide previous passport. The information about your original Non O is recorded in first page of new pp. That's all that's required. 

For retirement no photos apart from the one on TM7.

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Fair enough but his plan is to obtain a non O.

Just curious as to exactly what he will require to provide to immigration.

I assumed it would be a TM30 filed by himself or by gf..

He wrote he was applying for a non-o visa so I assume he reading the requirements that state a rental agreement is needed. "8. Rental Agreement between the Applicant and the Landlord ; A copy of house registration. Location map of the house and a rental receipt Past three months."

Source: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/8-1.pdf

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Sounds good.  She will write a statement and have a copy of her rental contract available if asked.

She will try to register with the online TM-30 system.

We will visit immigration day after arrival, or whenever they let me out of quarantine?

Thank you.

• 5 months later...
On 1/20/2022 at 7:23 AM, ubonjoe said:

Confirmed.  Applied yesterday for NON-O with no lease or rental receipt in my name.

My girlfriend went with me to sign her documents.  Along with a letter stating I live in the apartment, she provided her lease and recent rent receipt and Thai ID card.  We had a screenshot of the TM-30 registration, but the immigration lady did not ask for that.

I was not asked for a hand-drawn map, either.