Antigen test at Suvarnabhumi

tjhorner

Is the hospital at Swampy doing rapid testing? Or are there any clinics there doing them?

Going to the US, so just need an rapid test within 24 hours. Figured doing it there might be the easiest.

Thanks

Just looked at Google maps and Samitvej is listed there at the terminal and they have different phone number listed. I've tried both numbers and no answer... I'll probably just head to the airport around 3pm ish for my 8pm departure.

There is the Samitvej set-up at the airport. It is my understanding that ATK testing is all they do. I have also called with no success. Wife contacted Samitvej directly and they do the testing at the hospital. I was told cost was 6000 baht. With that said, plan is to get PCR tested mid morning at MedConsult then fly the next morning. MedConsult offers, talked with them yesterday, standard PCR test and an express test that produces results in approximately 7 hrs. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

There are no clinics at Swampy and no testing done there.

You can get a rapid antigen test done in Bkk easily here:

https://www.medconsultbangkok.com/

No clinics or hospitals at Suvharnabumi ?..... yes true !  BUT testing facility's are there !..... several posts about them ...... but might not doing Pcr tests ...that could be.... 

Edited by david555

19 minutes ago, roo860 said:

271328477_10158759043741701_3554837685427841011_n.jpg

My answer was for  Mod Sheryl ...., as she said no  hospitals and no testing done there (?!).......of course there are no hospitals...) 

But testing facilities are several there ....., i see your post long ago already ....hence my reply , hope she correct her post ....????

Edited by david555

1 hour ago, tjhorner said:

Just looked at Google maps and Samitvej is listed there at the terminal and they have different phone number listed. I've tried both numbers and no answer... I'll probably just head to the airport around 3pm ish for my 8pm departure.

I'm glad you posted. I was under the impression that a PCR test was required to board for the US. Looks like the CDC is saying an antigen or NAAT (PCR) test qualifies. Your plan is to get an ATK test rather than a PCR?

24 minutes ago, Nino3 said:

I'm glad you posted. I was under the impression that a PCR test was required to board for the US. Looks like the CDC is saying an antigen or NAAT (PCR) test qualifies. Your plan is to get an ATK test rather than a PCR?

I just received a LINE message from ANS. They have temporarily discontinued since January 6, testing at the airport.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Yeah, why do it at the airport. What if they're closed, run out of tests? Just do it in town the day before.

anyway always good to have a reserve option .....plan B ...or even ...C ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nino3 said:

Yes,  antigen instead of the PCR.  My local hospital, Vejithani, only does the PCR test, and while I can get the results back within about 6 hours, I don't feel like paying 5-6000 THB.  I guess I could find a more local ATK test place, but testing at BKK seemed very convenient. But now you guys got me worried, probably rightfully so, about a Plan B..... though I think its a subconscious message that I want to stay in the LOS a little bit longer with the fam!!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tjhorner said:

Yes,  antigen instead of the PCR.  My local hospital, Vejithani, only does the PCR test, and while I can get the results back within about 6 hours, I don't feel like paying 5-6000 THB.  I guess I could find a more local ATK test place, but testing at BKK seemed very convenient. But now you guys got me worried, probably rightfully so, about a Plan B..... though I think its a subconscious message that I want to stay in the LOS a little bit longer with the fam!!!! 

Antigen test ]only 500 baht here. It's what I did before flying to US last summer

https://www.medconsultbangkok.com/

Results in 15 minutes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, tjhorner said:

I tried to call the number on the green connex at airport again but still no response. I would perhaps consider testing there but short of confirming they provide a certificate to present then I'll go with my initial plan. MedConsult also does the antigen test w/certificate at a lesser cost than the PCR test. As you stated, it may not be wise to be 100% dependent on the testing site at the airport. 

7 hours ago, jcmj said:

Sorry I’m now confused What test to I need to fly back to the USA. Obviously a stop in Narita on the way back. Thanks ???? 

Check the CDC website, they have a great FAQ with all answers...

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 7:58 PM, jumbo said:

Just confirmed with the phone number on the container, they still have testing on ground floor in front of door 3

Great. By chance did they say if you receive a certificate with the test results? 

On 1/19/2022 at 6:51 PM, jcmj said:

Sorry I’m now confused What test to I need to fly back to the USA. Obviously a stop in Narita on the way back. Thanks ???? 

I was just now finally able to speak with someone manning the green connex and Jumbo has also confirmed they are still testing. The lady said only ATK (Rapid Antigen), 1 hr results for 450 baht. She confirmed that a certificate comes with the test results. 

Girlfriend is scheduled to fly into BKK tomorrow mid morning, test at MedConsult then fly to US via JAL on Monday. She has agreed to stop in at JAL check-in counter in the morning to confirm whether the test administered at the green connex is accepted by JAL. I'll update to tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2022 at 1:37 PM, Nino3 said:

Great. By chance did they say if you receive a certificate with the test results? 

Of course you get a certificate with result as you need to show it at check-in and at arrival