Antigen test at Suvarnabhumi

tjhorner

On 1/22/2022 at 5:07 PM, Knocker33 said:

They need the two hours to form a committee to advise if the test is okay

Yesterday it took them 15 minutes, most time is spent on making the certificate and triple checking farang name 

We were there at 20.30, 4 people were waiting,  quiet times

Guess we was lucky then yesterday evening. There were not many people when we arrived at airport at 20.30 and after checking in my family we left at 22.00 through the same door and there was nobody..... might not have been profitable enough for Samitivej.

BTW they do have a clinic on the 2nd floor for emergency's

20 hours ago, Sheryl said:

According to the last post in this thread, the testing at this location is now suspended  https://aseannow.com/topic/1247683-looking-for-assistance-finding-out-bound-covid-test-near-swampy/#comment-17139283

That was through ANS, the one under current conversation is open, have been trying to call and find out their operating hours, but they are not answering.

• Like 1

Managed to get through, they said they are open 24/7, however I could not get a straight answer if a certificate is issued which would be accepted by airlines, at first she said no, they do not issue certificates, but then later said she was not sure, in broken English, jumbo can you confirm?.

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2022 at 12:07 AM, Nino3 said:

I was just now finally able to speak with someone manning the green connex and Jumbo has also confirmed they are still testing. The lady said only ATK (Rapid Antigen), 1 hr results for 450 baht. She confirmed that a certificate comes with the test results. 

Girlfriend is scheduled to fly into BKK tomorrow mid morning, test at MedConsult then fly to US via JAL on Monday. She has agreed to stop in at JAL check-in counter in the morning to confirm whether the test administered at the green connex is accepted by JAL. I'll update to tomorrow.

There were no ticket agents available at JAL so she discussed with a ticketing agent at Singapore Air. Agent stated the tests available at the green connex satisfied boarding and entry requirements for the US. 

Walked downstairs, tested at the green connex, received results and certificate within 20 minutes. Cancelled appointment with Medconsult.

I typically book her room at the Novotel but decided to try the ParkNine that is 8 minutes drive from the airport.   She took me on a video tour, nice hotel, nice outdoor area, good service, restaurant and location and 140.00 US less expensive.

Checked-in for JAL flight this morning. No real issues with test, vaccine card or vaccination QR code from CVS. She also downloaded and used VeriFly which apparently JAL likes. 

Only problem was JAL provided the attestation of which JAL customer service stated would not be provided at check in. Girlfriend had already downloaded, printed and populated yesterday. This confused her a bit. JAL also provided the contact tracing QR code of which I also completed on line yesterday via Sherpa. This also confused her and I a bit. 

For the most part, very easy ticketing process and document review. She boarded the plane and now is on her way to LAX. 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 2:58 AM, tjhorner said:

Yes,  antigen instead of the PCR.  My local hospital, Vejithani, only does the PCR test, and while I can get the results back within about 6 hours, I don't feel like paying 5-6000 THB.  I guess I could find a more local ATK test place, but testing at BKK seemed very convenient. But now you guys got me worried, probably rightfully so, about a Plan B..... though I think its a subconscious message that I want to stay in the LOS a little bit longer with the fam!!!! 

There were no ticket agents available at JAL so she discussed with a ticketing agent at Singapore Air. Agent stated the tests available at the green connex satisfied boarding and entry requirements for the US. 

Walked downstairs, tested at the green connex, received results and certificate within 20 minutes. Cancelled appointment with Medconsult.

I typically book her room at the Novotel but decided to try the ParkNine that is 8 minutes drive from the airport.   She took me on a video tour, nice hotel, nice outdoor area, good service, restaurant and location and 140.00 US less expensive.

Checked-in for JAL flight this morning. No real issues with test, vaccine card or vaccination QR code from CVS. She also downloaded and used VeriFly which apparently JAL likes. 

Only problem was JAL provided the attestation of which JAL customer service stated would not be provided at check in. Girlfriend had already downloaded, printed and populated yesterday. This confused her a bit. JAL also provided the contact tracing QR code of which I also completed on line yesterday via Sherpa. This also confused her and I a bit. 

For the most part, very easy ticketing process and document review. She boarded the plane and now is on her way to LAX. 

5 minutes ago, Nino3 said:

Thanks for clarification.

2 hours ago, Polaky said:

Managed to get through, they said they are open 24/7, however I could not get a straight answer if a certificate is issued which would be accepted by airlines, at first she said no, they do not issue certificates, but then later said she was not sure, in broken English, jumbo can you confirm?.

Yes, they do issue a certificate that shows test result and which you have to show at check-in (and arrival) 1,050 thb

Edited by jumbo

On 1/25/2022 at 4:20 PM, jumbo said:

Yes, they do issue a certificate that shows test result and which you have to show at check-in (and arrival) 1,050 thb

1050 baht is a bit steep for one antigen test, mediconsult has it for 500 baht

On 1/25/2022 at 12:20 PM, jumbo said:

1000 baht is 35 bucks us .  thats cheap for convenience. 35 bucks for an airport test i can take right before i fly seems like a good deal unless you are positive of course then it sucks

2 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

1000 for pcr test seems cheap to me

That price was not for PCR, it was for antigen test and so it is high, about double what it would cost in Bangkok. But of course more convenient especially for anyone who otherwise would not pass through Bangkok.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 3:01 PM, Polaky said:

what?, you would have to be a dh to pay that.

Well then, that makes me a DH.

Let's do the math. Antigen test at airport approximately 1050 baht (31.00 US) results in approximately 15 minutes. . Antigen test at MedConsult 500 baht (15.00 US) results in approximately 15 minutes plus approximately 1 hr 20 minutes round trip travel time. AOT car transfer roundtrip from airport to MedConsult is approximately 2700 baht (80.00 US). Taxi vs AOT, no need to discuss charges as this would be like comparing apples and elephants.

Airport = 31.00 US

In the city = 95.00 US

I will state what you failed to identify, testing at the airport is much more feasible and less expensive if already at the airport vs the lesser charge in the city when considering additional transport cost. In reality, you may be a DH if you pay the 500 baht.

On 1/29/2022 at 6:38 AM, Nino3 said:

Well then, that makes me a DH.

Let's do the math. Antigen test at airport approximately 1050 baht (31.00 US) results in approximately 15 minutes. . Antigen test at MedConsult 500 baht (15.00 US) results in approximately 15 minutes plus approximately 1 hr 20 minutes round trip travel time. AOT car transfer roundtrip from airport to MedConsult is approximately 2700 baht (80.00 US). Taxi vs AOT, no need to discuss charges as this would be like comparing apples and elephants.

Airport = 31.00 US

In the city = 95.00 US

I will state what you failed to identify, testing at the airport is much more feasible and less expensive if already at the airport vs the lesser charge in the city when considering additional transport cost. In reality, you may be a DH if you pay the 500 baht.

????

• Like 1