Taking controlled meds back to the UK

cyril sneer

Flying to the UK soon and seen they require a doctors letter allowing up to 3 months of meds

I've had government hospitals write letters for me before but they're always hand written, no stamp, and in Thai

Does this mean going to a private hospital and paying 10x the price (Prescribed meds are diazepam and tramadol)

I have succeeded in the past in getting official, stamped letters from upcountry government hospitals. It is possible, but you'll need to find someone who can understand the need,   and is cooperative. It is helpful if you draft the text yourself and give them that,  then all they need do is type it on hospital letterhead, get doc's signature, and stamp it.

If you do have to go to a private hosp there is no reason to buy meds from them if you already have a sufficient supply. Just pay for consultation and request a medical certificate that specifies the meds and dosage. The main wrinkle is that another doctor, at another hospital, might nto agree with the prescription or might want additional tests etc first. Thai doctors are pretty gun shy about these meds.

• Thanks 1