Documents needed for extension based on dependent child

Searched for an answer on here but the search engine here is useless and cannot find a definitive answer elsewhere

I arrived in Thailand on a dependent non 'O' visa in regards to being a parent of a Thai national.

I went to extend the visa for 12 months even though i still had to leave but felt it makes things a lot simpler each year just extending as i already had 800,000 baht from my expired OA extension

They state i need some sort of guarantee that i am the parent. I am not sure but i believe this is some sort of letter from the Amphur as i have read something like this before some time ago.

Does anyone know exactly what is the process and what is needed at the Amphur?

It is too late now as they have also stated it will take them up to a month to process it once they have the documents and i will of left the country but i would like to get what's needed in preparation for later this year

Are you the legal father of your child by way of marriage to their mother or by way of legitimizing your parenthood?

If you were married to their mother you would only need a copy of your marriage certificate their birth certificate to prove you are the legal father.

If not married you need a proof of you being the legal father by way of a family court of it they are 7 older it can be done at a Amphoe to obtain a  Kor Ror 11 form.

Info about being the legal father of you child can be found in this pinned topic on the family and children forum.

https://aseannow.com/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If not married you need a proof of you being the legal father by way of a family court of it they are 7 older it can be done at a Amphoe to obtain a  Kor Ror 11 form.

Info about being the legal father of you child can be found in this pinned topic on the family and children forum.

Wow, Thanks Ubon for the info and link.

We are not married but my son is 6 years old (in your link some have stated that they will except this age)so i am going to take a trip to the Amphoe to see if they will except his consent plus the head of the village has said he will come there if it is necessary for him to sign anything

Once again thank you 

Hi, i did this procedure just 2-3 month after our son was born in 2018. We are not married yet.

If i remember right, I had to go to the local Amphoe first to receive kind of a birth certificate. First they said they can not do it (as they wanted some extra money). I could not believe what happened and right away at their office, i called my embassy (i talked to them before about this topic), the representant of the embassy wanted to talk with the person at the Amphoe, and a few minutes later they could hand out the birth certificate for the normal price (just a couple of hundred Baht).

Than i had to take a lawyer and he had to get an appointement at the court in order to receive the KoRo11 form which is the document stating that i am the legal father.

About 2 month later, we could go to court, they just asked a few questions, and shortly after we got the KoRo11. The costs for the lawyer was about 20'000 Baht incl. cost for court.

This year i learnt, that I need a new KoRo11 every year, i had to go to the relevant amphoe near the immigration office and had to pay just 2 (!) Baht for the renewal of the KoRo11 form.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1