Cambly talk for cash anyone done it

Harveyboy

hell folks have a question i want to ask any information would be appreciated ive been contacted several times by a company called Cambly who have offered me the chance to earn a bit of extra cash online not teaching but just talking to foreigners who just want to speak english with native speakers ive checked them out on line and they are an official company who have been trading for many years has anyone had any dealings with them tks 

Not a bad company. Pay is on the low side.

You only get paid for speaking time and not waiting time.

After a short period you will be offered priority hours. During these hours you will be paid 25% of the hourly rate even if no one contacts you for a chat. 

It can be arduous to start with but, if you get yourself a good reputation and get some regular callers, you can earn reasonable money for doing something that is not too difficult.

Lots of students from the Middle East and Turkey. Also Japan. Those would be the best bet if you are in Thailand.

There are also some South American students, Brazilian mainly, but the times may not suit.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Asquith Production said:

I believe they only pay with Paypal. I tried setting up an account but Paypal wont accept from Thailand.

This is going to be a major issue in the future. 

There are companies that pay via payoneer, which is a much faster service that takes a much smaller commission than PayPal. 

The golden days of online teaching are gone, but Camberly isn’t so bad, I have students who use it, friends in Europe work for camberly and itutor too. 

The comment above about getting accepted or even a rely is a common complaint. 

• Thanks 1

They're changing their pay system by the end of the month because of the thailand paypal situation. I'm getting between 45 to 48 hours a week on it teaching ielts, job interview practice and a little general conversation. All regular students. Once you're up and running and get yourself a good teacher rating, you'll get plenty of students. Pay isn't that good, but for sitting on your <deleted> and talking it's money for nothing.

• Thanks 2

On 1/20/2022 at 4:08 PM, Bagwain said:

I have tried to get accepted for over a 2 yrs. Changed my intro vid 4 times. Got qualifications. No response nothing. Changed my email and lost the application and had to start all over again. Don't hold ya breath! 

Similar here. No response at all.

2 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

I believe they only pay with Paypal. I tried setting up an account but Paypal wont accept from Thailand.

I had Pay pal from Aus. now they send me a EMail  ,

They ask me to  Log in in my account and Update  my Info.

For the Update The ID number that worked for me is The Thai 13 Digit Number that is in the Yellow book and Registered for  my C19 Jabs . 

If you have an Thai ID card and/or Yellow book thats the 13 Digit number  one has to use. 

Take action by February 18, 2022 to continue using PayPal

PayPal will soon relaunch services in Thailand. To continue using your PayPal account to make payments, please log in to your account to review and accept the PayPal Thailand Relaunch Agreements and complete account verification by February 18, 2022.
Review Relaunch Agreements
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, digger70 said:

For the Update The ID number that worked for me is The Thai 13 Digit Number that is in the Yellow book and Registered for  my C19 Jabs . 

If you have an Thai ID card and/or Yellow book thats the 13 Digit number  one has to use. 

PayPal will soon relaunch services in Thailand. To continue using your PayPal account to make payments, please log in to your account to review and accept the PayPal Thailand Relaunch Agreements and complete account verification by February 18, 2022.

What the hell has the jabs got to do with PayPal?

• Confused 1

On 1/20/2022 at 3:10 PM, youreavinalaff said:

Not a bad company. Pay is on the low side.

You only get paid for speaking time and not waiting time.

After a short period you will be offered priority hours. During these hours you will be paid 25% of the hourly rate even if no one contacts you for a chat. 

It can be arduous to start with but, if you get yourself a good reputation and get some regular callers, you can earn reasonable money for doing something that is not too difficult.

Lots of students from the Middle East and Turkey. Also Japan. Those would be the best bet if you are in Thailand.

There are also some South American students, Brazilian mainly, but the times may not suit.

thank mate ill look into more....do you know the equipment needed got phones ..tablet  pc problem only got wifi  no hard line to the house

On 1/20/2022 at 4:08 PM, Bagwain said:

I have tried to get accepted for over a 2 yrs. Changed my intro vid 4 times. Got qualifications. No response nothing. Changed my email and lost the application and had to start all over again. Don't hold ya breath! 

don't sound promising  is there anything to pay up front.. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, digger70 said:

ok so PayPal could be up and running here next month

19 hours ago, leeedwards said:

They're changing their pay system by the end of the month because of the thailand paypal situation. I'm getting between 45 to 48 hours a week on it teaching ielts, job interview practice and a little general conversation. All regular students. Once you're up and running and get yourself a good teacher rating, you'll get plenty of students. Pay isn't that good, but for sitting on your <deleted> and talking it's money for nothing.

so it seems you are one of the lucky ones that got accepted op here never heard back from them...your story sounds more like what i was hoping for..as far as PayPal could i not have it paid into my uk bank

7 hours ago, Bagwain said:

What the hell has the jabs got to do with PayPal? 

May you should Read First to what I Replied to.

As I understood is that the OP was trying to set up a PayPal account  . 

If not ,then My Bad .  ????

Asquith Production said :