Travel with current retirement extension.

This is one for Ubonjoe....I have a current retirement extension which I have had for over 10 years now and wish to return to Australia for a month or two.

My question is do I require proof of covid  insurance upon my return to Thailand ??? 

And yes I have a re entry permit.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

14 minutes ago, marcus111 said:

That's what I thought Ubonjoe...The insurance is only required until the end of my current extension which would be four month's upon my return and then no insurance required for my renewal as per normal.

Am I correct in my thinking ???

Buy insurance for one month..

12 minutes ago, marcus111 said:

Wow...Things change all the time.

Can you guys suggest a good to go company for said insurance ???

And one last question, can I pre do my Thailand pass prior to leaving Thailand ???

Thankyou again for your replies.

I cannot advise on cheapest insurance. @Sheryl knows lot about those options.

As for obtaining your TP while still in Thailand that is certainly possible.

Think @ThailandRyan did that recently and can advise. 

As @DrJack54stated i completed my TNG application and was approved while still in Thailand and before they paused the 1 day quarantine portion of the Thai Pass program.  Having the approval already I return in a few weeks from the US and don't have to go through the sandbox or a lengthy AQ.  Wishing you good fortune on applying. It is one less hassle to complete, at least in my view 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, marcus111 said:

Wow...Things change all the time.

Can you guys suggest a good to go company for said insurance ???

And one last question, can I pre do my Thailand pass prior to leaving Thailand ???

Thankyou again for your replies.

I used AXA when I came back last month. If you end up going with them, suggest contacting Arawan Namak on Facebook Messenger to serve as your AXA rep. She was always available to answer all of my questions when I couldn't get through to the AXA main office. Fortunately so far I haven't needed to use the policy so I can't speak to how well they cover hospitalization. They state that they cover asymptomatic cases, but Awaran stated they won't cover "close contact" cases (but I think none of the insurance companies will).

I have a similar situation as you. I am planning at 2-month trip to Europe starting in mid-July. I will have 7 months left on my Non O when I return and thought I would need to buy insurance to cover the entire period. If you're taking your trip before then, I'd be curious to know if you ended up having to buy insurance for the 4 months left on your Non O or if you only had to buy 30 days of insurance. A PM about that later would be greatly appreciated.

The Thailand Pass process was very easy in my case returning from Indonesia last month. Good luck.

Edited by Leatherneck
Spelling error

10 minutes ago, Leatherneck said:

I'd be curious to know if you ended up having to buy insurance for the 4 months left on your Non O or if you only had to buy 30 days of insurance.

Many people with reentry permits (with several months validity) have been entering thailand with 30 day policy. 

2 minutes ago, Seeall said:

Doesn't the insurance depend on if the ext is based on an O or an AO visa?

Cheers all....

The 50k "covid insurance" is same for non O and O-A.

Your thinking of the additional insurance requirement for non O-A. 

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Did you have a visa or reentry permit..

Just curious that you had a 30 day policy. Did you enter visa exempt. 

Had both. Visa was set to expire on January 16. Left the U.S. on December 27 so only needed the insurance until my visa expiration date.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

As @DrJack54stated i completed my TNG application and was approved while still in Thailand and before they paused the 1 day quarantine portion of the Thai Pass program.  Having the approval already I return in a few weeks from the US and don't have to go through the sandbox or a lengthy AQ.  Wishing you good fortune on applying. It is one less hassle to complete, at least in my view 

TNG?

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The 50k "covid insurance" is same for non O and O-A.

Your thinking of the additional insurance requirement for non O-A. 

Don’t know the answer to that. I have a Non O so I didn’t need the health insurance but because of Covid, I did need the Covid insurance.

• Confused 1